FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/02/2024 7:09 AM  #1

Replacing a door on Anna's 1966 convertible.

When I took her car apart years ago, I didn't really look at the doors closely. A couple weeks ago I was test fitting them on the frame before I started welding the back of her car together. One of the doors are really in bad shape. where is a good place to get a replacement. Are the aftermarket doors any good? I don't think I can fix this one. it isn't the skin part of the door it is the inside the car part of the shell that is bad. 

3/03/2024 8:21 PM  #2

Re: Replacing a door on Anna's 1966 convertible.

Which door do you need?

Money you enjoy wasting is NOT wasted money... unless your wife finds out.

3/16/2024 6:09 PM  #3

Sorry I have been offline for a while. Left side door is the one I need. 

3/25/2024 12:02 PM  #4

Figures. I sold my perfect driver door a few years ago for what I thought was a fortune.  Wish I had it now!

3/29/2024 3:00 PM  #5

I bought the thinner gauge doors from NPD, not the thicker gauge doors.  I tested fitted the vent windows prior to doing any work on them.   I didn’t have to work any of the edges for better gaps.  The doors fit really well.   But they are far from flat and took some time to get flat.   If I recall the thinner gauge doors are made by Golden Legion.

3/29/2024 3:21 PM  #6

What was reason to not get thicker ones?

3/29/2024 3:51 PM  #7

MS wrote:

What was reason to not get thicker ones?

Rick from NPD himself said that the vent window fitment can be an issue with the thicker doors and that he has had far less returns on thr GL doors.   They have proven to be the best for fitment.  So I went with what he suggested because I didn’t want to run into any fitment issues and then have to deal with returning them.

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.