| ||
| Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for: FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events |
1 of 1
Offline

Was wanting to order some but there are several company's and wondered if anyone was familiar with any I have looked at most online already.
Offline

This is probably not helpful but I've had mirrors with similar characteristics on my car. I had to remove them - they were completely worthless as a rear-view mirror - could not see poodoo out of them. The reflecting surface is very small and the field of view you can see is also very small. I thought they were dangerous and little better than nothing at all. JMHO
Offline

John Ha wrote:
This is probably not helpful but I've had mirrors with similar characteristics on my car. I had to remove them - they were completely worthless as a rear-view mirror - could not see poodoo out of them. The reflecting surface is very small and the field of view you can see is also very small. I thought they were dangerous and little better than nothing at all. JMHO
I have the factory mirrors on it now and feel the same about them except they ugly
Offline

I bought my mirrors 20 years ago, and appear to be the same ones sold by CJ Pony per the link below. I like the way they look, but are not as functional as I would like.
I did install the 87-93 Mustang convertable inside rearview mirror that did help a lot in seeing what is behind the car.
Offline

BobE wrote:
I bought my mirrors 20 years ago, and appear to be the same ones sold by CJ Pony per the link below. I like the way they look, but are not as functional as I would like.
I did install the 87-93 Mustang convertable inside rearview mirror that did help a lot in seeing what is behind the car.
Those are the ones I had on mine. I'd actually gotten 2 of the passenger-side mirrors (convex) and made one work on the driver's side. I still found them to be woefully inadequate though.
Offline

OK Guys.........let's keep-in-mind these mirrors were designed for 'young kids' back in the 60's ! Mirror(s) back then were just a cool do-dad FoMoCo put on a really cool car. Did we even use the outside mirrors that much...Nope!
Now spring ahead SIXTY YEARS.... More traffic...older eyes...we're use to ginormous mirrors with convecs shaped on on the passenger side (which was an OPTION back in 66)
Maybe the answer is install some big old truck mirrors (heated or course!) with a flashing green arrow when somebody is in your blind spot...with one of those WIIIDE convecs rear view mirrors that give a panoramic view of what behind AND on either side of you !
OR just "just embrace it, man".
The fact is we can't see crap anymore and we just miss our big-old modern-day outside mirrors !!!
![]()
Choice......'Ya wanna be safe...or cool ?!!'
6sally6
Last edited by 6sally6 (9/29/2026 10:09 AM)
Offline
I installed 71 Torino mirrors on my 66.
Offline

I like my stock deluxe 68 mirrors, the pass side one has had the glass swapped for a “objects are closer” glass the car. C7AZ-17696-E . They are from Scott Drake and the driver door’’s is adjustable from a joy stick on inside of the door.
I mounted them with riv-nuts as opposed to Fords beloved sheet metal screws . Finding the correct Philips head machine screws was a task all initself.
Last edited by Rudi (9/29/2026 3:22 PM)
Offline
I bought a pair in the parts for sale section of the Factory Five Cobra forum years ago, they came with wide angle lenses in them so I can see farther outward than with the stock square ones. If I ever learn to 3D print I plan to make a footer to match the curve of the '67 door for a better fit. I'll have the wide stock mounting holes filled when I get bodywork/ paint done.
Have read again how to post pics from my computer as it's not working....
Last edited by jonk67 (Yesterday 3:49 PM)
1 of 1
| REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on. |