FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/05/2013 7:40 PM  #1

OK, so who is going where for a 2014 Mustang 50th Anniversary ?

Hot August Nights?  Is that one?  Where will the Mustng shows be held and when?  Are you planning on going?

Money you enjoy wasting is NOT wasted money... unless your wife finds out.

11/05/2013 9:20 PM  #2

Re: OK, so who is going where for a 2014 Mustang 50th Anniversary ?

Official Ford shows will be in Charlotte and Vegas on the anni date in April.
 The group I travel with have rooms booked in Charlotte for that event.

Since there will be no MCA judging at the 50th, those cars that recieved a  gold award in 2013 MCA national show will get a special commemorative award at those venues, I fall into that catagory.

Once in a lifetime events, don't miss out!

Good work ain't cheap, Cheap work ain't good!   Simple Man

11/05/2013 9:32 PM  #3

My goal is to finally have my car running. So I plan on driving down the road. Keeping my goal simple right now.

11/05/2013 9:50 PM  #4

Mochaman wrote:

My goal is to finally have my car running. So I plan on driving down the road. Keeping my goal simple right now.

What he said!

11/05/2013 11:16 PM  #5

I'd like to go to Charlotte and work in a side trip to Spartenburg to see Bud Moore's shop.  Vegas, meh.

Volvo!

11/06/2013 6:14 AM  #6

My plan was to take the 66 to So Cal in April and do the Knots Berry Farm annual Fabulous Ford Festival which should be deticated to Mustangs in '14.  Butt (TS&T), the car needs to be put back together first and it's still in the paint shop.  Also,  I'm gonna have a new ball joint installed in early Feb...in me, not the car...so It may be tight making that trip.

I'll probably just end up celebrating out in the shop, working  on the car with my friend Jack.

BB

Last edited by Bullet Bob (11/06/2013 6:16 AM)

"you get what you pay for, good work isn't cheap, and there are NO free lunches...PERIOD!"

11/06/2013 7:15 AM  #7

Hornman wrote:

Mochaman wrote:

What he said!

DITTO

I made enough money to buy Miami, but pissed it away so fast

11/06/2013 8:38 AM  #8

I was planning on doing the cross country Mustangs across America drive, but that fell apart when they announced two locations.  No idea what I'll do now but I'm open to suggestions!

11/07/2013 8:15 AM  #9

I would like to at least drive up to the Mustang Oklahoma kick off party, before they head for Vegas and Charlotte. Just let me know if you wanna go...it's not a home out on the range, but you know what I'm talkin bout....

"The OLDER I Get....The FASTER I Was..."

11/07/2013 4:30 PM  #10

Mach1_Ron wrote:

I would like to at least drive up to the Mustang Oklahoma kick off party, before they head for Vegas and Charlotte. Just let me know if you wanna go...it's not a home out on the range, but you know what I'm talkin bout....

Might be up for the MustangOK to Charlotte tour.  Where do we find hotel locations etc and where will the show be held.

11/07/2013 4:44 PM  #11

ttp://www.mustang50thbirthdaycelebration.com/
I have a room reserved. I know the host hotel is booked up already. If you want any room near by I'd book asap  Thats Charlotte

Last edited by Mark Z (11/07/2013 4:45 PM)

11/07/2013 10:41 PM  #12

What is the date in April for the Charlotte gig?
It ain't THAT far from me.
6s6

Get busy Liv'in or get busy Die'n....Host of the 2020 Bash at the Beach/The only Bash that got cancelled  )8

11/08/2013 7:19 AM  #13

The Mustang OK deal is April 11 - 13, then they head to either Charlotte or Vegas. I am gonna plan on going to the OK party Friday and Saturday at least.

11/08/2013 12:49 PM  #14

I wouldn't mind heading up to Norman at least.  Maybe making the drive to Charlotte, work and SWMBO pending.

Anyone between Houston and Dallas considering Norman->Charlotte?

Last edited by JVince (11/08/2013 12:50 PM)

11/08/2013 3:50 PM  #15

Hopefully I can make that drive to Norman at least.  My daughter is getting married in late April, unless they change the date AGAIN.  I would hate to have to tell her I cannot walk her down the aisle due to a conflicting Mustang event!

At 15, this was her first car...

11/09/2013 6:57 AM  #16

Just drop some hints to maybe move the location of the wedding to Mustang OK
I am hoping I can make the Mustang Ok location in April.

67 Coupe, 5.0 EEC IV Fuel injected. T5, 3:70 rear

11/09/2013 10:30 PM  #17

I'm trying like crazy to get my daughter's car ready to make the trip to Mustang, OK.  Still having carb issues and not sure how much the blow-by engine will hold up?

Last edited by Ozblitz (11/09/2013 10:31 PM)

11/10/2013 10:04 AM  #18

Steve, the show in Charlotte is at Lowes Motor Speedway.

11/18/2013 11:54 AM  #19

Well, I dug out my 67 mustang from the corner of the shop in hopes to have it road worthy to make the Oklahoma trip. It's an incredible amount of work in a ridiculous amount of time, but at least I'm setting a goal that I will try my best to accomplish.
The future bash candidate is my 67 fastback that prior to me sat in a field for 15yrs. I won't be doing anything with the body, but it pretty much will need attention everywhere else.

main items to address:
front floor patches
brakes (I have factory front disc in decent shape)
suspension
wiring (wire harness is in place - still need to determine if it needs to be replaced)
brake line
fuel line
motor and tranny have been rebuilt, but they still need to be installed
I'm having trouble posting a pic, but I'll try again later.

11/18/2013 2:21 PM  #20

I am reconsidering attending the 50th in Charlotte. The registration fee for the event is 150 bucks which compared to the 40th and 45th that we attended seems to be one big money grab by the MCA.

I will have to see what the event schedule is to make that cost worth it.
 150 seems alot of money for the priveledge of sitting by my car for three days.

Perhaps if Ford comes up with some type of celebration in Dertoit I may do that instead.

Good work ain't cheap, Cheap work ain't good!   Simple Man

11/18/2013 8:18 PM  #21

Rudi wrote:

Perhaps if Ford comes up with some type of celebration in Dertoit I may do that instead.

In that case Rudi.......be sure and bring your "9"... I here DEE-troit is great that time of year!
6sal6

Get busy Liv'in or get busy Die'n....Host of the 2020 Bash at the Beach/The only Bash that got cancelled  )8

11/18/2013 9:13 PM  #22

Charlotte sounds like it will be a big mess unless you are one of the MCA people, which I am not.  Maybe go to Mustang OK and tour along their route (east or west TBD) for a day just to hang out and get some road miles.

11/19/2013 8:41 AM  #23

MustangSteve wrote:

Charlotte sounds like it will be a big mess unless you are one of the MCA people, which I am not.  Maybe go to Mustang OK and tour along their route (east or west TBD) for a day just to hang out and get some road miles.

I plan on this but I'm going to sit on the side of the road with my car and watch the parade drive by.  Maybe I'll bring some number cards and give 9 and 10s to the Fords and 2 and 3s to chevys and any 427 fastbacks with weird mufflers.  

Last edited by Don (11/19/2013 8:41 AM)

11/20/2013 8:11 AM  #24

I still plan on going to OK, whether it's Norman or Mustang...either way. let's have a Road Trip....

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.