FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/24/2013 12:46 PM  #1

Anyone elase using Edelbrock IAS shocks?

I installed the rear ones on my 69 coupe. Those shocks are great!  I went down the worst road in town that I can barely drive on in my 66.  The 69 just went right over the thousands of patches really smooth!  I was surprised.

The bad...  The car sits 1" higher in the rear now than it did before the install.  I am hoping it is just the rear springs got bunched up when I jacked up the body of the car to get the shocks in, and that it will settle back out with some more miles.  Those shocks were very difficult to compress enough to get them on the car, so I know they are exerting some lift to the equation.  Will put the fronts on later.

Anyone else using them and notice extra ground clearance afterwards?

Money you enjoy wasting is NOT wasted money... unless your wife finds out.

11/24/2013 5:02 PM  #2

Re: Anyone elase using Edelbrock IAS shocks?

been looking for these for some time BUTT

Edelbrock Shocks have been discontinued and are no longer available. Edelbrock no longer makes shocks or any suspension components and the company has shut down its entire suspension division.

11/24/2013 5:52 PM  #3

I found this after reading Don's post:

QA1 Acquires Edelbrock's Suspension Product Line

TORRANCE, CA (August 25, 2011) - Edelbrock is pleased to announce the sale of its suspension product line to QA1. This acquisition by QA1 will add over a 100 part numbers to their already extensive shock absorber , spring and tubular suspension product offering. 

Edelbrock added suspension products in 1994 with a limited line of components for Camaro and Mustang applications. Since then, the product line has grown to include; anti-hop bars, k-member braces, panhard rods, strut tower braces, sub-frame connectors, sway bars, toe links, torque  and trailing arms, along with a variety of other products for popular muscle car and late-model applications. 

"These suspension products will be a great addition to QA1's current line and will give their customers a larger selection high quality components to choose from", states Edelbrock Chairman, Vic Edelbrock. "We are also proud that these products will continue to be manufactured in the USA." 

This acquisition will include all manufacturing equipment, raw materials, current and future product designs as well as any existing inventory. All of these components will transition to QA1 on September 1, 2011. 

Not sure if QA1 is carrying on the Edelbrock shocks.

11/24/2013 6:04 PM  #4

PM Dodgestang.   I think he has them.

11/24/2013 7:05 PM  #5

gjz30075 wrote:

PM Dodgestang.   I think he has them.

I've only ever run them in the front so I can't comment on higher rear clearance after installing them.

Nick - 65FB 410C AOD 'D.T.' - 67FB 347 T5 'Cruiser' - 68FB 408W T5 'Brute'

11/24/2013 9:58 PM  #6

I guess you got the car running with the T-5?

11/24/2013 10:17 PM  #7

Yeah, I drove the car around a bit today.  Tranny shifts real smooth.  Makes the car feel alot different than the old 3-speed with overdrive tranny.

Money you enjoy wasting is NOT wasted money... unless your wife finds out.

11/24/2013 10:51 PM  #8

I have those shocks their 1" drop coils as well on my 66 it rides awesome

12/14/2013 6:21 PM  #9

So has anyone been able to determine if it's true or not on whether you can still get the Edelbrock IAS classics? I've been searching, but I'm not having any luck finding the rears for my 67. I have a brand new set for the front and would like to match the rear. I don't see them on QA1's website either.

12/16/2013 1:15 AM  #10

I have ias socks front and rear and their 1" lowering coil springs with a lowering poly bushing

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.