FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/20/2014 1:51 PM  #1

Not a Mustang, but an amazing find anyway

3/20/2014 2:23 PM  #2

Re: Not a Mustang, but an amazing find anyway

yep,  I'm betting a 1 million plus car. Steve would still put better brakes on it.   

3/20/2014 2:33 PM  #3

I always have mixed feelings on stories like this. On one hand it's an amazing historical find for all of us to enjoy and learn from. But on the other hand it's sad the guy never felt comforable enough to drive and enjoy his own car..

It's hard to type "funny"

3/20/2014 3:09 PM  #4

Im with you on that Derek, a beautiful car but the stories a little sad.

If this forum can't fix it, it isn't broke.

3/20/2014 3:45 PM  #5

No offense, but it makes me sad for someone to not have enjoyed the car! Maybe they set aside for an investment, but c'mon! The temptation would be too great not to enjoy!

3/20/2014 3:48 PM  #6

I was just more interested in simply the story of the car, as far as feeling sorry for the person, well everyone does as they will with their toys. He was obviously a very "interesting" individual and enjoyed his vehicle in a much different manner than I would have

3/20/2014 4:16 PM  #7

I really don't feel sorry for this guy other than he died. He had a prized trophy that he said he loved dearly.  Some of my naighbors have very expensive "Trophy Wifes" they love dearly but don't touch.  They all get caught riding in other toys.  There's no telling what he had on the side.      

Last edited by Don (3/20/2014 4:51 PM)

3/20/2014 4:44 PM  #8

Don wrote:

I really don't feel sorry for this guy other than he died. He had a prized trophy that he said he loved dearly.  Some of my naighbors have very expensive "Trophy Wifes" they love dearly but don't touch.  They get all caught riding in other toys.  There's no telling what he had on the side.      

Hahaha! I'm with you on this!

65 mustang coupe, 351W, C6-  2800 stall, B&M blower, 9inch- trac-loc 3.70 gears

3/20/2014 5:00 PM  #9

Perhaps the Corvette museum could buy it, whats another vette down a sink hole.
  A friend of mine traded almost the same car but a convertable and about 20,000  miles for a Ferrari at his second wifes urging. The dealership gave him $68,000 towards the deal.  I thought he was an idiot for doing so cause the vette kept appreciating while the Italian job just comes down every year.

Good work ain't cheap, Cheap work ain't good!   Simple Man

3/20/2014 5:11 PM  #10

Rudi wrote:

Perhaps the Corvette museum could buy it, whats another vette down a sink hole.
  A friend of mine traded almost the same car but a convertable and about 20,000  miles for a Ferrari at his second wifes urging. The dealership gave him $68,000 towards the deal.  I thought he was an idiot for doing so cause the vette kept appreciating while the Italian job just comes down every year.

Yeah and the Italian costs $3000.00 an oil change

It's hard to type "funny"

3/20/2014 5:15 PM  #11

The car is great but the story is awesome! Makes you want to know more about this guy.

"anyone that stops learning is old, whether at twenty or eighty"Henry Ford

3/20/2014 5:22 PM  #12

Heck, I'm just glad he got those "bolt-on aluminum wheels". Anyone ever try to change a flat on the weld on type? Bolt ons are much more user friendly.

Bob. 69 Mach 1, 393W, SMOD Toploader, Armstrong  steering, factory AC.

3/20/2014 9:34 PM  #13

He got his enjoyment out of owning and preserving the car.

Also, be nice to you neighbors...  One of them may remember you in their will, like that guy did.

Money you enjoy wasting is NOT wasted money... unless your wife finds out.

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.