FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/05/2014 9:32 PM  #1

grand-prairie-swap-meet/ oct 24 25

Anybody going to this FWD area swap meet Oct 24 and 25 

http://www.earhartproductions.com/grand-prairie-swap-meet/

10/05/2014 9:41 PM  #2

Re: grand-prairie-swap-meet/ oct 24 25

Is it any good?

If yes, buy me blue berry pancakes and I'm there..........

10/05/2014 10:36 PM  #3

The spring one was a dissapointment, Friday the temperature was below freezing and a lot of vendors left early. At this one there is no segregation by types of stuff, so Mustang parts are next to the BBQ smokers and the '49 Kaiser. Lots of projects cars for sale.

10/06/2014 7:48 AM  #4

I'll probably not attend........Pate and Decatur or no brainers..........besides, Don got all quiet regarding buying my breakfast......

10/06/2014 9:37 AM  #5

josh-kebob wrote:

I'll probably not attend........Pate and Decatur or no brainers..........besides, Don got all quiet regarding buying my breakfast......

We did meet at waffle house and Steve buys to all that show up.  Steve will go and sit in every bucket seat available (for his RAM truck) and promise the sellers he'll be back. 

10/06/2014 9:16 PM  #6

We talking the Waffle House at Belt Line and 20?  What time?

10/10/2014 7:01 AM  #7

If I am back from the fun place, I want to show up. I tried to post some pictures of the beautiful place I'm in but my tablet locks up on the image.

10/10/2014 7:18 AM  #8

Glad you are back home mochaman. 

This swap meet is getting bigger every time.  It kind of died when they moved it to the GP horse track a few years ago.

I do not think I have ever found a single decent part there, but you never know what might show up.  Don't believe what Don says about breakfast, other than to not get between him and his blueberry pancakes.

I'll see if I can work it into my busy schedule.  Waffle House is ar I-20 and Beltline Rd.

Money you enjoy wasting is NOT wasted money... unless your wife finds out.

10/24/2014 8:09 PM  #9

Bringing this topic back to the top.......if anyone attends, please post feedback ie: it was thumbs up or thumbs down....

10/24/2014 10:23 PM  #10

thumbs up, I didn't buy anything but Steve did.  

I go to swap meets to wander around aimlessly. It's a type of therapy for me. 

There was an unusual amount of very heavy  set older females in skin tight leotards. Steve kept following them around.  I personally am going to have nightmares tonight.    

Last edited by Don (10/25/2014 6:53 PM)

10/25/2014 12:24 PM  #11

Don wrote:

There was an unusual amount of very heavy  set older females in skin tight leotards. Steve kept following them around.  I personally am going to have nightmares tonight.  I don't want to think about what Steve will be doing.   

It must be something in the blueberry waffles that causes Don to be dimented and make stuff up like he does.

The swap meet was OK.  Not much stuff there but I did pick up a near perfect 66 driver door, a set of 69 door hinges, a T5 brand new crossmember, and a very sore leg.

Money you enjoy wasting is NOT wasted money... unless your wife finds out.

10/25/2014 4:35 PM  #12

MustangSteve wrote:

Don wrote:

There was an unusual amount of very heavy  set older females in skin tight leotards. Steve kept following them around.  I personally am going to have nightmares tonight.  I don't want to think about what Steve will be doing.   

It must be something in the blueberry waffles that causes Don to be dimented and make stuff up like he does.

The swap meet was OK.  Not much stuff there but I did pick up a near perfect 66 driver door, a set of 69 door hinges, a T5 brand new crossmember, and a very sore leg.

I saw you walk PATE for a lot less, ???  And you got a new door    

Last edited by Don (10/25/2014 4:35 PM)

10/25/2014 8:11 PM  #13

You must have been a row ahead of me.  The only 1st gen door I saw was all bondo...

Nice day and lots of people out

10/26/2014 11:15 AM  #14

Don wrote:

There was an unusual amount of very heavy  set older females in skin tight leotards. Steve kept following them around.  I personally am going to have nightmares tonight.    

Don, I detect a slight tone of jealousy on your part.........just 'cause MS has a loyal following of  groupies, doesn't mean you have to get upset....

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.