FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/04/2017 4:06 PM  #1

My neighbor just turned me onto a seemingly good deal on a 66 Vert

All original paint and interior. A/C and heated garage kept. 15000 miles. Asking price is 20k. Only thing fixed was a quarter panel dent made them repaint it.

Last edited by Mochaman (8/04/2017 4:06 PM)

8/04/2017 4:08 PM  #2

Re: My neighbor just turned me onto a seemingly good deal on a 66 Vert

8/04/2017 4:10 PM  #3

What is the crazy and the non crazy price for a true survivor barn find? Am going to look at it this weekend.
Momma says I have to sell the 65 Vert to make room.

8/04/2017 6:11 PM  #4

That exactly what I was wanting when I bought my 63 comet. Just couldn't find one I could afford.

8/04/2017 7:26 PM  #5

What is this........."Ed's Classic Ford & Mustang Lot"?!!
How many cool rides does one man need?!!
"Sell the 65"......?  You mean the one with the killer blue paint job that you drive to the MSBB's?
6sal6

Get busy Liv'in or get busy Die'n....Host of the 2020 Bash at the Beach/The only Bash that got cancelled  )8

8/04/2017 7:59 PM  #6

She said the 65 vert has to go. From a woman's point of view that is reasonable cause that one needs a lot of work, plus he now has that hot rod to build. The 66 vert is ready to go, get rid of all that work. But he's thinking he needs something to do when he retires. Ask me how I know.

70, ragtop 351W/416 stroker Edel Performer heads w pro flow 4, Comp roller 35-421-8. T5

8/04/2017 8:46 PM  #7

Oh I am not lacking for projects. I am still deep in the rebuild of another 66 Vert project that requires MAJOR metal work then full restore. Plus a 34 Ford Tudor Hot Rod project and a 79 British Spec Mini that needs a full body restore. The 65 Fastback just needs a little work. It is the 65 Vert that I picked up that needs minor body rust patches fixed then engine and brakes need to work. Clean up, sell it and put the money into a 66 Vert that needs nothing. I just sold the 68 Ford 4000 tractor project that I no longer have to work on. I need to finish the pizza oven I am building in my backyard. 65% finished with it. 
​So...... I don't need any projects to keep me busy, I need less.

8/04/2017 8:47 PM  #8

BTW, I am NOT complaining, I love this stuff. I am just facing a reality check.

8/04/2017 9:25 PM  #9

Nice looking car Ed. Did you sell the tractor  because it no longer needed work??

I think your reality is what we all dream about...... having plenty of projects in liner when the current one is done for the moment. Not that they're really ever complete.

John  -- 67 Mustang Coupe 390 5 speed

8/04/2017 9:47 PM  #10

Tractor had a stuck clutch, which meant I would have to split the engine away from the transmission to get the clutch plate assembly out for a rebuild. Splitting an old tractor is not easy. Big parts can fall and crush you. My neighbor decided he really wanted it and knew a guy that had the proper tools and owed him big favors. So he paid me for almost what I was going to ask and took it and the two week project off of my hands. Everyone won on the deal. I travel a lot for my job so each large project that disappears is a beautiful thing. 

8/05/2017 11:09 AM  #11

Where's a thumbs up when you need it!!

8/05/2017 11:13 AM  #12

Stolen from Hakan.  . I'll find my own at some point.

8/06/2017 9:41 PM  #13

Was able to go out with my neighbor yesterday have get a close look at the car. Wow. Pictures showed a red car but it was more metallic Orangish Red. VIN shows it as Emberglo Metallic. 

8/06/2017 9:41 PM  #14

8/06/2017 9:42 PM  #15

8/06/2017 9:45 PM  #16

The car is very nice. It does have some blemishes in the paint. Interior is beautiful. Engine has some newer replacement parts. Fuel pump and such, but purrs like a kitten.

8/06/2017 10:44 PM  #17

Data plate shows 4-speed; car is automatic. Conversion? Looks original.

8/07/2017 6:33 AM  #18

I agree Prof. The VIN plate on the door has a 5 in the Trans area, it should be a 6 if it was a C4. Weird.

8/07/2017 6:50 AM  #19

hummmmm EMBERGLO   yes,   I know someone who has a emberglo fastback 

8/07/2017 7:59 AM  #20

Don, I would like to put this one next to yours. I think they are completely different colors. Unless the sun brings more of the copper color out. This one looked very red.

8/07/2017 8:35 AM  #21

Mochaman wrote:

Don, I would like to put this one next to yours. I think they are completely different colors. Unless the sun brings more of the copper color out. This one looked very red.

I had  found this to be the correct paint

http://paintref.com/cgi-bin/paintdetail.cgi?ppg=22610

most body shops don't take the time to do it correctly  

8/07/2017 9:29 PM  #22

VERY clean interior! Steering wheel seems to be the only "bad spot".
Nice Grant replacement wooden wheel and you're "golden" (emberglo-----golden----get it?!)  A little paint humor.
Anna would look pretty sharp driving that rag-top. She might even convince Carol to take a spin!?!
Look good cruising down the boulevard  here on the beach.............or FWB!
6sal6

Get busy Liv'in or get busy Die'n....Host of the 2020 Bash at the Beach/The only Bash that got cancelled  )8

8/08/2017 8:53 AM  #23

That's really nice!

8/08/2017 11:52 AM  #24

I think 20K is a steal!   I do not see evidence of an A/C?

Last edited by boomyal (8/08/2017 11:55 AM)

8/08/2017 1:47 PM  #25

I talked him down to 19500. No A/C but I have a factory one in a 65 Vert I am going to sell.
I just got off the phone with Anna and it looks like we are going to move forward with this. I now have a 65 Vert to clean up and sell. Stealing that A/C though.

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.