FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/30/2013 5:59 PM  #1


Brake light switch

I have a '66 Mustang with a 4 wheel disc brake conversion (Rod & Custom Mustang II up front and SSBC in rear).  My power brake booster conversion is from Trans-Am Racing.  The problem is that the brakes work too well.  I will be stopped before I apply enough pressure to activate the bake lights.  I have tried several early Mustang brake light switches for both drum and disc brakes.  Does anyone know if I will have the same issue with the Mustang Steve booster/brake conversion?

 

9/30/2013 6:11 PM  #2


Re: Brake light switch

It is possible you might have that problem.  I have had the brake booster on my 66 for nearly 20 years now, and the lights have worked properly all this time...  Until this last week.  Apparently the switch is getting difficult to operate and has the same symptom as yours.  I will be replacing it with either a 68 power brake switch or a Fox Mustang switch.  The Fox switch uses a different wire connection but otherwise should work.


Money you enjoy wasting is NOT wasted money... unless your wife finds out.
 

Board footera


REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.