| ||
| Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for: FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events |
Offline
I earned the Wrench award this year so it is back on you for the next. ![]()
Offline
Glen,
I saw the picture of you wrenching on your car, but I never did hear what happened.
I knew about Corky's problem with the carb float... by the way Corky, did you drive it all the way back to Florida with the MacGyver fix or did you get a new float?
Offline

Good point to bring up... Two broken cars and two fixes. Don't be afraid to drive your car to the bash or anywhere else. There is always help if needed.
Glen had a clutch linkage bolt work loose and Tubo had a leaking carb float. With enough engineering minds, over lunch, a fix was developed for the (made of unobtanium) float. Then during the fix itself, an improvement to the idea was implemented.
I am also wondering how the carb did going back to Florida, Tubo.
Offline
Clutch fasteners are now added to the pre-trip check list right after the tie rod ends. ![]()
Offline

and tail light lens??
Offline

josh-kebob wrote:
and tail light lens??
What dayyyyyy is it?!!!!!
NICE!!
6s6
Offline

thought you'd like that one mike, mike...........make sure you show that post to your better half too!!
Offline

oh-oh-oh-!!! I got one!!!
My fancy-smancy "gilmer-belt-drive"(on the waterpump/alternator) took a dump just outside of Chattanooga Monday.
Praise-the-Lord I brought a spare!!! It busted just 100 yards from a Ga. welcome center.
Got'r swapped out in less than an hour!
First one was cinched down a litttle too tight,I think.
Soooooo...I'm right in there with you Corky and Glenn.
6s6
Offline

Gee, sal... The V-belts worked just fine... All 3 of them.
Offline

MustangSteve wrote:
Gee, sal... The V-belts worked just fine... All 3 of them.
la-la-la-la-la-la-la....I can't hear you,MS!!
6s6
Offline
The 73 Vert ran f,awlessly all the way home to FWB. Going fuelmilage was a mizerable 17.2. Return trip milage 19.4, not hardly steller, though the float never gave an issue.
I'll prolly swap the Edelbrock back on and compare to the Holley baseline. Milage should be closer to 22., ECCIV wiring is all I need to have it.
Next year it can go to someone who usually has no driving issues, cos they don't drive!!
Tubo
Offline
josh-kebob wrote:
and tail light lens??
What's the story with the tail light lens?
Offline
6sally6 wrote:
josh-kebob wrote:
and tail light lens??
What dayyyyyy is it?!!!!!
NICE!!
6s6
HUMP DAY!! WHOOP WHOOP!!
Offline
Tail bezels added also. It is always something. ![]()
Offline

Somebody should start a list of all the bash mechanical problems and how they were repaired.
| REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on. |