FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/10/2020 11:48 AM  #1

sand blasters

I have a good sand blaster cabinet with the vacumm system and wonder if the window really needs the plastic protectors. Do any of you use these plastic window protectors that are for the inside of the bast cabinet? i have alway used them but they get dirty quickly.

Last edited by Cab4word67 (12/10/2020 11:51 AM)

Slammed Big Blue, ran over the varmints that messed with the Stang. Now all is good in the NW

12/10/2020 12:16 PM  #2

Re: sand blasters

We have the plastic protectors on the blast cabinet at work and they do get dirty fast. I will clean it off with a damp paper towel when it gets too bad. If you don't use them, the blast media will be bouncing into the glass and etching it making it impossible to see through at some point. I haven't bought either and don't know which is cheaper to replace?  

John  -- 67 Mustang Coupe 390 5 speed

12/11/2020 1:14 AM  #3

Thanks, thats what I was looking for.

Slammed Big Blue, ran over the varmints that messed with the Stang. Now all is good in the NW

1/17/2021 10:31 AM  #4

What size/type cabinets are you guys using?
Have been thinking about getting one.
Compressor suggestions appreciated as well.

2/01/2021 12:56 PM  #5

Harbor Freight stand-up cabinet.  Assembled with LOTS of silicone sealant.  Seems to work fine with 5hp compressor.  I burned up a shop vac the first time I used it.

For my limited usage, it should work fine. 

I have it in the new shop so I can position it in a 10’x8’ overhead door with a large fan behind me to blow all the dust outside.

Money you enjoy wasting is NOT wasted money... unless your wife finds out.

3/11/2021 2:42 PM  #6

A shop i worked at has a USA mad sand blast cabinet its called scat blaster it worked really well but the down side with that cabinet was that it went through the guns way to fast. Literally we had to change are gun twice in a month. The harbor freight cabinet we also had was the first cabinet we had and it works i think honestly better down side was size of window and with the light it had inside was really dark. I think the harbor freight cabinet would be better if one was to drill out two holes in the top and add two new exterior spot light holders. Are scat blaster had two 60watt halogen bulbs really made it nice to see what you were working on. We only ever used 80 mesh silicone carbide and it seems to cut really nice in either cabinet. If you look around you can get the screen protector for the harbor freight system in rolls and save lots money fyi

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.