FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/02/2013 7:42 PM  #1


No really, I got 4 inches.

I finished installing the mini tub on my coupe. The wheel wells now measure 13.5 inches wide. Should be plenty to accommodate 295 tires.  My next project is finishing the trunk.  What is the consensus on paint for the trunk? Black, spatter paint, body color?  And what to use for seam sealer?


65 mustang coupe, 351W, AOD 3000 stall, B&M blower, 9inch- trac-loc 3.70 gears, 4wheel power disc brakes.
 

10/02/2013 8:07 PM  #2


Re: No really, I got 4 inches.

Post some pics please. I've been thinking about doing the mini tub thing myself. Did you buy the kit or make your own?


It's hard to type "funny"
 

10/03/2013 8:40 AM  #3


Re: No really, I got 4 inches.

1) Wax and grease remover, 2) Metalprep etcher, 3) epoxy primer, 4) seam sealer, I use Eastwood, 3M is good, 5) primer compatible with your top coat, 6) top coat color of your choice, most trunks I have seen are body color.

 

10/03/2013 9:05 AM  #4


Re: No really, I got 4 inches.

Yeah brent

would like to see some pictures as well

Tonie

 

Board footera


REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.