FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/18/2021 7:41 PM  #1

New set of Walker Quiteflow Mufflers 21856

Model 21856 2.50 inlet and outlet.
Would anybody interested in a pair if I decide not to use them?
PM me if interested

Last edited by BILLY WALTON from GEORGIA (4/18/2021 8:13 PM)

Its really me....I fixed my caps lock .

4/18/2021 9:35 PM  #2

Re: New set of Walker Quiteflow Mufflers 21856

why wouldn't you want to use them?

4/18/2021 9:48 PM  #3

Just considering leaving my Flowmasters on

4/19/2021 6:21 AM  #4

I have flow master on mine and at 69 quiet sounds so much better.

4/19/2021 9:45 AM  #5

ok

4/19/2021 5:54 PM  #6

Your prolly one of the youngest guys on the board soooooo.......'man-up-and-make-some-wracket'!
HEY!!!......that would be a great poll to take on the board!!  (whatz your age?)
You go first BILLY!
6sally6

Get busy Liv'in or get busy Die'n....Host of the 2020 Bash at the Beach/The only Bash that got cancelled  )8

4/19/2021 7:42 PM  #7

I doubt I'm the youngest  judging by a comments I have seen on some of my post, Its probably a good thing I am not a moderator     I am 51 will be 52 in November.

4/20/2021 12:30 AM  #8

BILLY WALTON from GEORGIA wrote:

I am 51 will be 52 in November.

You are a little older than  me BILLY and I still like quiet. I can't speak for the Flowmasters, but man do I like my QuietFlows!

1964-1/2 D Code Coupe - 289 V8, 4 Speed Toploader, 3.00 ratio rear, Autolite 4100 Carb, 15" tires, Pertronix ignition

4/20/2021 1:06 AM  #9

Toploader wrote:

I am 51 will be 52 in November.

You are a little older than me BILLY and I still like quiet. I can't speak for the Flowmasters, but man do I like my QuietFlows!

Just wondering how well they will fit under there.

4/20/2021 5:03 AM  #10

I took my car to an exhaust shop (one that had experience with classic cars) and they fitted no problem on mine. I just left it up to the guy in the shop and was very happy with what he did.
I have pictures somewhere of the exhaust system being fitted. I can try and find them for you?

1964-1/2 D Code Coupe - 289 V8, 4 Speed Toploader, 3.00 ratio rear, Autolite 4100 Carb, 15" tires, Pertronix ignition

4/20/2021 5:05 AM  #11

Walker makes dual exhaust systems for early Mustangs.
That might be something to look at.

Look at Rockauto under 68 Mustang exhaust systems.
Granted some minor mods might be required for 65-66’s.

4/20/2021 8:11 AM  #12

I was looking at the H pipe for long Tube Headers and cant decide which would fit was thinking about swapping over to that ball and socket collector set up ...( That may not be what its called) 

4/20/2021 3:05 PM  #13

The Cadillac QuietFlows that Mustang Steve recommended fit my car with no problems.
I think if you have a good exhaust shop that know what they are doing, it should all fit ok.

Last edited by Toploader (4/20/2021 3:06 PM)

4/20/2021 9:22 PM  #14

I was looking at the H pipe for long Tube Headers and cant decide which would fit was thinking about swapping over to that ball and socket collector set up ...( That may not be what its called) 

Take a look at these from Flowmaster.
I had Flowmaster exhaust on the 92, it fit very nice and didn’t hang low either.

Don’t know if it will clear cable clutch.
I’m looking at the opening on driver’s side for clutch linkage clearance.
Don’t know about Borgeson power steering either.

https://www.holley.com/products/exhaust/headers_and_exhaust_manifolds/long_tube/parts/814211

Last edited by Nos681 (4/20/2021 9:26 PM)

4/20/2021 9:27 PM  #15

Nos681 wrote:

Take a look at these from Flowmaster.
I had Flowmaster exhaust on the 92, it fit very nice and didn’t hang low either.

Don’t know if it will clear cable clutch.
I’m looking at the opening on driver’s side for clutch linkage clearance.
Don’t know about Borgeson power steering either.

https://www.holley.com/products/exhaust/headers_and_exhaust_manifolds/long_tube/parts/814211

I have Hooker  Super Comps on it now.

4/20/2021 9:45 PM  #16

WOW, That much $$ and you don't know if they will fit?? I bought the FPAs headers for my 289 with my borgison box and they fit perfectly, sorry i dont have a clutch but they have some of the best customer service and thing it would be worth the call. Just saying, and I think I could install them by my self because they dont hit anything and dont hang down below the bell housing.  cost was the same.

Slammed Big Blue, ran over the varmints that messed with the Stang. Now all is good in the NW

4/20/2021 9:56 PM  #17

Cab4word67 wrote:

WOW, That much $$ and you don't know if they will fit?? I bought the FPAs headers for my 289 with my borgison box and they fit perfectly, sorry i dont have a clutch but they have some of the best customer service and thing it would be worth the call. Just saying, and I think I could install them by my self because they dont hit anything and dont hang down below the bell housing.  cost was the same.

What year is your ride? I have a 1965 289 mustang with early motor mounts and the stock exhaust manifold non GT I beleive my Borgesson box hits the manifold.  

4/21/2021 10:00 AM  #18

Mine is a 66 and I have Hooker super comp long tube headers on it.

4/23/2021 12:47 AM  #19

Did you have any problems with your stock exhaust manifolds rubbing your steering box?

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.