FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/13/2013 8:37 AM  #1

1965 GT upper Steering Column Bearing Retainer

New member but long time viewer.  I need some help! My 65 GT is missing the bearing retainer that mounts of top of the Turn Signal Switch and is secured by the same three phillips head screws that mount the Switch; the three screws are also missing.  I have been unable to find any vendor that sells this retainer.  Does anyone know of a source for this Part?  Page 3-25 of the 1966 Shop Manual (figure 6) indentifies it as part 3B610.  I also need to know the size of the three phillips head screws.  A size 8-32 seems to be about the correct diameter but the threads don't seem to match.  Thanks!

4/13/2013 11:47 AM  #2

Re: 1965 GT upper Steering Column Bearing Retainer

I have one.  I just pulled it for you from an old steering column, including the correct screws.  It is yours for $5.15 it will cost me to send it to you.  Never mind the ankle that is now swollen on the inside bone where the crow bar fell on it while I was trying to dig out the steering column, and never mind the cut pinky that is bleeding all over my keyboard that resulted for me hitting the bicycle seat clamp bolt while trying to evade the crow bar!  If I was more organized, that would never have happened!  Anyway, that should be good for TWO GARAGE POINTS for MustangSteve.  1 for the screws and one for the part.

Money you enjoy wasting is NOT wasted money... unless your wife finds out.

4/13/2013 12:36 PM  #3

Re: 1965 GT upper Steering Column Bearing Retainer

What Outstanding service!  Two garage points may not be enough!
Sending PM with my information.
Very much appareciated.

Darrell

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.