FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/17/2021 12:43 PM  #51

Re: A New Forum Host (That will allow us to easily post pictures) Discuss

Bearing Bob wrote:

Does a FB page allow you to have click on tabs for how-to, or any other easy to find section? Of the few car related FB pages I've visited I haven't seen that option like your normal website has. My experience at searching for a particular post on FB ends in crap results.

If your in a fb group and there's a post you like you can save for later.  So you can pull up all your saved posts on your own page.  They have search within the group to which works good. 

6/17/2021 12:54 PM  #52

Steve69 wrote:

Bearing Bob wrote:

Does a FB page allow you to have click on tabs for how-to, or any other easy to find section? Of the few car related FB pages I've visited I haven't seen that option like your normal website has. My experience at searching for a particular post on FB ends in crap results.

If your in a fb group and there's a post you like you can save for later.  So you can pull up all your saved posts on your own page.  They have search within the group to which works good. 

Good to know. Where does one come by that info? Maybe I'll buy that book Navigating Facebook For Dummies.

Bob. 69 Mach 1, 393W, SMOD Toploader, Armstrong  steering, factory AC.

6/17/2021 2:59 PM  #53

Well, I am glad we have reached consensus on the path forward!  LOL!

6/18/2021 9:50 AM  #54

Chaplin wrote:

Well, I am glad we have reached consensus on the path forward!  LOL!

We have?

Money you enjoy wasting is NOT wasted money... unless your wife finds out.

6/18/2021 8:03 PM  #55

Not at all, hence the LOL!

6/18/2021 8:55 PM  #56

MS wrote:

I have been saddened to see my tech articles eliminated from the MustangSteve web site. Apparently their value in driving customers to the website was not understood.

I don’t think we have much here in the way of searchable archives since the pictures are all gone. And, even the links at the top of the forum that direct viewers to the MustangSteve site are broken. To me, as a new viewer, that states that MustangSteve must be in some serious state of disrepair.

I would think a new forum reader that finds the site through a link and then finds the link missing its pictures would certainly move on to another search after about 1.5 seconds. It saddens me to see what has become of the forum and the former tech articles on the site.

When I have briefly visited one of the facebook mustang sites, I see questions and answers that are the type questions that the regulars here would be great at answering. We rarely see basic questions here any more. Those questions routinely garner 50 or more responses very quickly. And, the responses are intelligent in alot of cases, not what you would think would show up on facebook.

My leanings are towards a social media type site just because that is what younger people are geared to. I do not believe all Mustangs are already done, as evidenced by the questions I see posted on facebook. Not saying facebook is the answer, but something similar might be. The challenge there is to have s forum that stands out from the rest. I did it in 1999 when I started this one by demanding a clean platform with no BS and no name calling and no cussing, etc. I still get letters from guys that appreciate the clean approach. So, I think it could be done again. Start a page that stands out from the rest with those same values and is noted for getting the “right” information. Even though there are thousands of other pages, I think it could be accomplished. I just don’t want a page that is flooded with advertising. My biggest hatred of facebook is when I try to look at something, three clicks later I am looking at s bunch of stupid posts that have nothing to do with what I was originally looking at. Maybe somebody knows how to set things up so that doesn’t happen.

I agree...when my my dad passed away in 2001  and my mom gave me my dads Mustang. A family friend that had a lot of classic cars knew I was about to start working on the car and knew the floorboards were needing replacing. He said I would need to test the cowl before i fixed the floors, he advised run a water hose  in the cowl to see if the cowl leaks and it did.....I walked in the house and did a internet search on Cowl replacement and the MUSTANGSTEVE site popped up first ....it don't anymore. You pretty much have to type in Mustangsteve.com to find it.

Why did it change to this current format from the original it was so simple can somebody not just recreate that.

Last edited by BILLY WALTON from GEORGIA (6/18/2021 8:58 PM)

Its really me....I fixed my caps lock .

6/20/2021 7:16 AM  #57

This is a great forum I would like to see a better way of posting pis and being able to see the content in the future. I myself have dug into a subject to find the information, working my way through the dead ends. Daze I love your site and James site also, there is a few others that I have been able to access and have found through FYI.
As for migrating, there is too much good info on this site I would hate to see it get lost

65 coupe, 351w, c4, power disk brakes, power r&p, vintage air.

6/20/2021 8:33 AM  #58

“Well…we gotta do something, even if it’s wrong.”
Quote from my dad.

Happy Father’s Day!

For me at least, FB is difficult to navigate…even for groups that I find interesting.
FB for Dummies book?
I’ll wait for the movie to come out.
😂😂😂

I do not have any college degrees but this is what makes sense to me.
If the new Mustang Steve FYI forum is similar in format to other popular forums,
the opportunity to gain new members would increase.
This is just from the perspective that they are already familiar to how it is displayed on the screen.

Kinda like jumping into your Kia and turn on wipers because the switch is on the opposite side.
Or turning on your Hazards because it’s located by your radio controls.

6/20/2021 11:40 AM  #59

Existing format is fine except for the loss of picture posting capabilities.

Michael, have you gotten any response from Boardhost on the picture posting problem?  Are they trying to get out of the forum hosting business?   Dropping the picture hosting sure seems to be a good way for them to accomplish that goal.

6/20/2021 12:01 PM  #60

MS wrote:

Are they trying to get out of the forum hosting business?   Dropping the picture hosting sure seems to be a good way for them to accomplish that goal.

There in lies the problem. Boardhost never had anything to do with pictures hosting. It takes more server space and web design. They farmed out the hosting to tinypic, and tinypic pulled the plug.

If it isn't broken...modify it anyway! http://www.DazeCars.com https://galaxieforum.boardhost.com

6/20/2021 12:06 PM  #61

Daze wrote:

MS wrote:

Are they trying to get out of the forum hosting business?   Dropping the picture hosting sure seems to be a good way for them to accomplish that goal.

There in lies the problem. Boardhost never had anything to do with pictures hosting. It takes more server space and web design. They farmed out the hosting to tinypic, and tinypic pulled the plug.

But, after tinypic went belly up, I could still post pics on the forum. How was that possible and who was hosting the pic capablity??

6/20/2021 12:28 PM  #62

josh-kebob wrote:

Daze wrote:

MS wrote:

Are they trying to get out of the forum hosting business? Dropping the picture hosting sure seems to be a good way for them to accomplish that goal.

But, after tinypic went belly up, I could still post pics on the forum. How was that possible and who was hosting the pic capablity??

I’m sure they farmed it out to someone else. I don’t know for certain and maybe they were able to host it themselves and realized it was going to take more server space then they wanted to pay for, I totally could be wrong in the situation but up through TinyPic they farmed out all the picture hosting so I assume that is all they have ever done.

If it isn't broken...modify it anyway! http://www.DazeCars.com https://galaxieforum.boardhost.com

6/20/2021 4:25 PM  #63

All we need to change is a way to Post pictures aand the rest would be fine other than all those how to links need to be back on here too.

Its really me....I fixed my caps lock .

6/21/2021 5:13 AM  #64

If the pic hosting service is constantly coming and going that's a problem too.  Especially if we lose the old content when the hosting service ceases to exist.  A 3rd party service like that is also problematic.  In essence they can hold you hostage at any time.  I think we would be better off on a platform that has its own hosting.

6/21/2021 1:16 PM  #65

Bearing Bob wrote:

Steve69 wrote:

Bearing Bob wrote:

Good to know. Where does one come by that info? Maybe I'll buy that book Navigating Facebook For Dummies.

LOL!  Instead of watching Dr Phil in the afternoon do some FB surfing...LOL    

6/21/2021 2:48 PM  #66

Just to clarify, this forum WILL NOT WIND UP ON FACEBOOK.

6/21/2021 2:50 PM  #67

Thanx MS!
I don't like....My Face.....Space Book.... Face Spook...or whateverrrrrrr!! it's called.
6sally6

Get busy Liv'in or get busy Die'n....Host of the 2020 Bash at the Beach/The only Bash that got cancelled  )8

6/21/2021 2:54 PM  #68

I agree...facebook is crapola. Lots of good discussion on this topic so, hopefully we're now closer to an improved version.

Last edited by josh-kebob (6/21/2021 2:54 PM)

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.