FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/08/2021 9:15 PM  #51

Re: Just curious... How did you find/wind up on FYIFORD?

Yall keep the post going some have not told how they found the forum.

Its really me....I fixed my caps lock .

8/09/2021 8:33 AM  #52

It's been so long ago it's hard to say when I joined...maybe 2008...maybe sooner.  I was on the old forum.
I can't even remember for sure how I found it...probably looking at classic mustang parts or the technical write-ups that Mustang Steve had on his website.

In that time I've only managed to make it to two bashes (Franklin, TN and Ft. Walton Beach, FL).
Life's been busy lately with the blessing of two little girls, so I haven't been very active lately.
I just saw where next year's bash is in Huntsville, AL.  That's not too far... maybe I can make that one.

Last edited by Michael H. (8/09/2021 8:40 AM)

8/09/2021 9:35 AM  #53

It's been so long I can't remember.  My recollection is around 2000.  I can't believe it's been over 20 years!

I've enjoyed every bit if it.

Original owner - 351w,T-5, 4whl disks, power R&P

8/09/2021 9:42 AM  #54

Searching for disk brake options in the early 2000s 

I went to the VERY FIRST bash in Carrolton when Sherry threw it for Steve's 50th birthday. About 2 dozen folks back then. Sherry was a great hostess.

Last edited by Prof (8/11/2021 2:17 PM)

8/09/2021 10:53 AM  #55

My Brother-in-law came to Spring Tx to visit me and I tagged along with him for Tomball bash

After that I got a 66 T-code coupe. posted my first time asking about replacing floor pan. MS turned me on to Glen and Steve in Waller. I have been Pleased with there work (AWESOME)

8/09/2021 1:14 PM  #56

I don't remember how I found it - probably an internet search or a mention on another board back in the day.  The earliest saved post I have is November 2000 (I keep a Word document with all the helpful advice I received pertaining to my car so I won't forget).

As I recall my initial query was trying to figure out what disc brakes the PO had put on my '66, which Steve identified as being the 68-73 single piston type (Yay Steve!)

Last edited by John Ha (8/09/2021 1:17 PM)

Founding Member of the Perpetually Bewildered Society

8/10/2021 5:09 AM  #57

Had to be early 2000, when looking to change from a bad hydraulic clutch set-up to a over the counter cable set-up for the clutch of the 66.

8/10/2021 8:16 AM  #58

In the early to mid-2000's (?).  Searching the internet, I had visited other Mustang sites, but found the Mustang Steve forum had more helpful, informative and technicial input, without 'chest pounding' or foolish rhetoric by the members.  

65 Fastback, 351W, 5-speed, 4 wheel discs, 9" rear,  R&C Front End.

8/10/2021 10:48 AM  #59

I joined in early 2018 IIRC . Found the site while surfing on Images picture of MS in front of his car.
Lurked for about 2 months then joined. Said it before best site for Mustangers on the planet.

8/10/2021 5:47 PM  #60

I finally found someone who understands me, when I read this article in my magazine.

https://www.motortrend.com/features/mump-0706-1966-mustang-gt/

I think I may have lurked some on the old forum as well as the new trying to understand “how to” stuff.

Sweet 16 Bash in Clinton, MI 2019) was the first Bash attended…about 1200 miles round trip.

Glad I did,

Made some great and wonderful friends.

Cars are just part of the fun.

8/10/2021 7:49 PM  #61

Found it back around 07 looking at brake upgrades etc. after picking up my first old mustang in 20 yrs. 

8/11/2021 9:08 AM  #62

I couldn't remember If I posted but I found it in 2003 when I was looking for guidance on my 69 Mustang.

Had a lot of questions and got a lot of good answers.  Helped me out a ton through the last 18 years! 

8/12/2021 11:59 PM  #63

It was probably around 2006 when we sold our office building and warehouse and I needed to move out the '65 GT coupe and '65 2+2 that had been sitting in there untouched for about 12 years. No room for both cars at the beach house I was then living at so I plopped a new clutch in the coupe, changed the oil, fired it right up, and sold it after being flagged down by the would be buyer while I was out on a joyride. Loved the coupe but it didn't pencil to put the money into it like it did the fastback.

Anyhow, after my memory was refreshed on how much I disliked the stock mechanical clutch linkage, I did a Google search to see what alternatives were available. Low and behold, Mustang Steve popped up in the search and it looked better to me in every way than the alternatives.

1965 Mustang 2+2 EFI

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.