FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/10/2021 12:20 PM  #1

Need help Please No Turn signals

working on a 71-72 mustang convert, everything works but the turns. I found and checked both the flasher above the fuse block and the one in the glove box. This car has 12K original miles and everything works, just no turns. books say its the little 4A fuse that also runs the clock and dash lights they work. Even the 4 ways work. there are just no turns.
Chris 

Slammed Big Blue, ran over the varmints that messed with the Stang. Now all is good in the NW

8/10/2021 12:59 PM  #2

Re: Need help Please No Turn signals

Do the emergency flashers work?

1968 T-code Coupe with a 302.  Nice car, no show stopper for sure, but I like it.

8/10/2021 2:00 PM  #3

All the bulbs good,

8/10/2021 2:40 PM  #4

Yes and yes all bulbs work on parking and 4 way flash. car only has 12K on it, its a time capsule 

Slammed Big Blue, ran over the varmints that messed with the Stang. Now all is good in the NW

8/10/2021 5:04 PM  #5

If the emergency flashers work, and you have verified the flasher module is good, then it's time to pull the steering wheel and check the flasher switch.

1968 T-code Coupe with a 302.  Nice car, no show stopper for sure, but I like it.

8/10/2021 5:10 PM  #6

Cab
do you have the wiring diagram?
Check that you have power to the column before the modular plug then after.
Possible that pins are not making good connection.
Looking at wiring diagram looks like orange with light blue stipe is one side
Light green with orange stripe is the other side
cman

Last edited by cman66 (8/10/2021 5:24 PM)

8/10/2021 9:56 PM  #7

Well i am getting lost in the wiring

8/11/2021 5:10 AM  #8

Sounds like the turn signal switch is either broken or not connected.  When you have the brake lights on (brake pedal pushed down) does each brake light act properly when you signal a turn each way (right brake light stays on and left brake light goes off when left turn signal selected, left brake light stays on and right brake light goes off when right turn selected)?

Founding Member of the Perpetually Bewildered Society

8/11/2021 5:16 AM  #9

John Ha wrote:

Sounds like the turn signal switch is either broken or not connected.  When you have the brake lights on (brake pedal pushed down) does each brake light act properly when you signal a turn each way (right brake light stays on and left brake light goes off when left turn signal selected, left brake light stays on and right brake light goes off when right turn selected)?

My sentiments exactly.  I went through this with my '67 many years ago and after pulling my hair out for a week I finally swapped the t-signal switch and problem solved.  If you get a replacement I would advise sourcing an NOS once from eBay, etc.  You can usually find one for $150 or so on eBay. 

8/12/2021 11:38 AM  #10

But even before that, check that you have 12 V at the turn signal flasher.  If it's not there, you will see pretty much what you're seeing.  That power should be coming from the fuse box and it's probably only going to have voltage on it when the key is either in "Acc" or "Run"

Founding Member of the Perpetually Bewildered Society

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.