FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/09/2021 7:04 AM  #1

ask help again ... last question before i get rid of sniper efi

Well this could be last question about efi. As new problems came out regard fuel pump and heat , now i 'm over . 
Despite the starting lay of hands with sniper forum and holley customer service , now seems everyone is desappeard .
Reply from e mails comes one week later , nowadays  i haven't heard a word from holley .
question : i can't save " datalog " before quit and shut off . Nothing has been saved . Did it couple of time but same result . There is something i forget ...?  handheld don't ask " save as " .  nor " saved as " . 
Once i save this i can transfer sd card into pc and look what the engine is doing for every single parameters . 
This is the last chance i give to this sniper efi ...after that i have to return it for a refound .
Thanks 

8/09/2021 7:36 AM  #2

Re: ask help again ... last question before i get rid of sniper efi

On the VMF forum, a member is fighting a problem with his Edelbrock ProFlo4 EFI.  His Edelbrock ECU has failed and Edelbrock is out of stock on them with no date of availability.  Seems they can't get the chips or materials needed for manufacturing more at this time.  So he is stuck with his car dead right now.  He is also frustrated.

All of this to say, if you do refund your Sniper it might be good to wait until this chip shortage due to China is over before jumping back in to any EFI.  Something to think about...

1968 T-code Coupe with a 302.  Nice car, no show stopper for sure, but I like it.

8/09/2021 9:40 AM  #3

Rufus68 wrote:

On the VMF forum, a member is fighting a problem with his Edelbrock ProFlo4 EFI.  His Edelbrock ECU has failed and Edelbrock is out of stock on them with no date of availability.  Seems they can't get the chips or materials needed for manufacturing more at this time.  So he is stuck with his car dead right now.  He is also frustrated.

All of this to say, if you do refund your Sniper it might be good to wait until this chip shortage due to China is over before jumping back in to any EFI.  Something to think about...

well , my edelbrock is waiting on the shelf , and i think this is the last time for me to made experiment . i lost money and time  . i know it's part of the game . SO far i've learn a lot and at the end is  a good thing. 
btw if  someone knows to save on sd card is welcome 

8/09/2021 9:48 AM  #4

Reinstall carb, drive and enjoy your car before winter arrives and forget about sniper efi....

8/09/2021 1:09 PM  #5

Alessandro wrote:

question : i can't save " datalog " before quit and shut off . Nothing has been saved . Did it couple of time but same result . There is something i forget ...?  handheld don't ask " save as " .  nor " saved as " . 

I am shooting in the dark since I don't have the Sniper system but there's a video on the Holley site that shows how to save the log (https://youtu.be/rHjLwJQ45Kw).  It looks like you just Start Log, Stop Log, turn off ignition, and remove the card to read on your PC.

The video says you can't see the log files with the little handheld thingie, they're only visible on your PC.

I don't know if this helps but I thought maybe it was one thing you'd not tried.  Wishing you the best ...

Last edited by John Ha (8/09/2021 1:23 PM)

Founding Member of the Perpetually Bewildered Society

8/09/2021 9:21 PM  #6

For me, www.efipro.com saved me so many headaches. 
When I do another Holley Sniper with Sniper distributor, and I will do it again, I’m going to go straight to efipro for their complete package.

My car runs balls to the walls and I don't smell like exhaust fumes when I am done. 

https://boss302.smugmug.com/Cars/Boss302/n-mRHPn/i-WSRDq2F/A

Last edited by Prof (8/09/2021 9:25 PM)

8/09/2021 11:41 PM  #7

ok guys , finally i found one kind man that explain me about datalog . This make me happy , with this i can see RFI  and how engine works . Perfect ! i just need a run ... Make it , datalog was saved and   ... 
 THE FILE IS  UNKNOWN  FORMAT . 
oh jesus another issue ....

8/10/2021 5:27 AM  #8

Alessandro wrote:

Make it , datalog was saved and   ...   THE FILE IS  UNKNOWN  FORMAT.

Looked at the video again and did a browser search for Holley Datalog File reader.  Found an answer in the Holley support forum - https://forums.holley.com/showthread.php?23325-Software-to-view-datalog.

There's a software package that you need to download and install.  There is a link in post 2 that will take you to  https://www.holley.com/support/fuel_injection/sniper_efi/.  I think what you want is the Sniper EFI Software

Last edited by John Ha (8/10/2021 5:45 AM)

Founding Member of the Perpetually Bewildered Society

8/10/2021 6:31 AM  #9

Prof wrote:

For me, www.efipro.com saved me so many headaches. 
When I do another Holley Sniper with Sniper distributor, and I will do it again, I’m going to go straight to efipro for their complete package.

My car runs balls to the walls and I don't smell like exhaust fumes when I am done. 

https://boss302.smugmug.com/Cars/Boss302/n-mRHPn/i-WSRDq2F/A

That URL address can't be right.  Did you mean "https://www.efisystempro.com/sniper"?
What do they provide different than ordering it from Holley?

Last edited by Rufus68 (8/10/2021 6:32 AM)

1968 T-code Coupe with a 302.  Nice car, no show stopper for sure, but I like it.

8/10/2021 9:34 PM  #10

Yes correct. My oopsee…
Are you serious? You want me to list everything they sell? OK here goes…
Clean data card with current upgrade to install in the handheld unit on the EFI system
Fixed or progressive linkage
Data pin removal tool
Sensors (I always travel with a complete box of fresh sensors just in case)
Air cleaner stud
…and so on and so forth

8/11/2021 9:06 AM  #11

Prof wrote:

Yes correct. My oopsee…
Are you serious? You want me to list everything they sell? OK here goes…
Clean data card with current upgrade to install in the handheld unit on the EFI system
Fixed or progressive linkage
Data pin removal tool
Sensors (I always travel with a complete box of fresh sensors just in case)
Air cleaner stud
…and so on and so forth

What kind of problems did you have?    What did 
EFI Pros do to help you out?  Thanks for the info!

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.