FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/26/2021 12:34 AM  #1

Anybody install power windows on 64-66

Where did you get kit?

Its really me....I fixed my caps lock .

9/26/2021 6:55 AM  #2

Re: Anybody install power windows on 64-66

Nu Relics.  Like them.  Some cutting to install the quarter window regulators.  Also popped for the lever switches...pricey but retains the stock look and work well.

"you get what you pay for, good work isn't cheap, and there are NO free lunches...PERIOD!"

9/26/2021 10:24 AM  #3

A-1 Electric life makes front and rear. They have been j15 years trouble free in my 68.
I recommend relay operation to ease the load on the switches.

Good work ain't cheap, Cheap work ain't good!   Simple Man

9/26/2021 11:20 AM  #4

I used Nu relic on my 66 coupe and they worked great.  If i were to do it over i would not spend the money for the quarter windows.  I agree with Bullet Bob, the switched that let you use the stock cranks are a must.

www.quadmat.com  Butyl Sound Deadener & Insulation

9/26/2021 3:49 PM  #5

I have has A1 electric in my car over 20 years now. Only issue I had was a broken motor bracket on driver side. Forensics showed it was from the mass of the motor not being 100% supported. Every time the door slammed, it flexed a tiny bit and eventually cracked. I rewelded the bracket and no more problem.  If I ever takevthe door apart again, I will add some pookey between the motor and door frame to eliminate that movement.

Money you enjoy wasting is NOT wasted money... unless your wife finds out.

9/26/2021 3:52 PM  #6

This is how I grafted in the switches from a 1977 Cordoba.

I originally had them wired to relays that required the key to be on. Later, I converted it so they could be opened at any time.

9/26/2021 4:44 PM  #7

MS wrote:

I originally had them wired to relays that required the key to be on. Later, I converted it so they could be opened at any time.

So will my 5 speed shifter fit in the same hole the 4 peed in in now and work with my original console? I guess if not I could cut it a little when I cut my dash to install the CD player in the AM radio plays good but not so good a tunes on it.

Last edited by BILLY WALTON from GEORGIA (9/26/2021 4:45 PM)

Its really me....I fixed my caps lock .

9/26/2021 5:23 PM  #8

The console you see in the picture is unmodified, other than where I grafted in the Córdoba window and lock switches.

Why did I decide on Cordoba switches?  Found them at a swap meet for $5.

9/26/2021 5:27 PM  #9

My console was originally from an A/T Mustang. I had to enlarge the hole a dab on mine.
6sal6

Get busy Liv'in or get busy Die'n....Host of the 2020 Bash at the Beach/The only Bash that got cancelled  )8

9/26/2021 6:51 PM  #10

I have A1 window motors.   I bought the switch kit that goes on the door but I've never really been thrilled with that idea.   The Cordoba window switches are and were a super great idea, the pictures doesn't do it justice.  But they are made out of shear unobtanium.   I've looked....for years. 

I came up with an idea I wanted to run with.  That is to mount a 1966 Ford Thunderbird window switch/power lock unit in the center console. 

If multiple things can go wrong, the one that will go wrong will be the one that causes the most damage.

9/26/2021 6:52 PM  #11

MS wrote:

Cordoba.... Every time I hear that name, I think of  Ricardo Montalban  selling the car and calling it the "Corrr - DOE - bahhh....

68 coupe - 351W, 4R70W, 9" 3.25 -- 65 convertible - 289 4v, C4, 8" 3.00

9/26/2021 7:02 PM  #12

I’m sure there are other switches that could be custom mounted as well.  The Cordoba switches were heavily reworked with JBWeld forming the mount in the console, covered by a vinyl woodgrain panel.

Those Tbird switches would be great in coupe or convertible with four windows.

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.