FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/24/2021 11:31 PM  #51

Re: Tools you modified or repaired

MS wrote:

That is a nice-to-have tool, Daze

Thanks!!!  After an afternoon in the shop it’s a set of 5: 7/16”-11/16”

If it isn't broken...modify it anyway! http://www.DazeCars.com https://galaxieforum.boardhost.com

11/25/2021 7:07 AM  #52

DAY...STOP!!  Please.  I have too many projects already and you just heaped another one on me.

But really, great work and very handy tools.  I could have used those just recently.
Thanks again.  Here's hoping the best for the family and you.

"you get what you pay for, good work isn't cheap, and there are NO free lunches...PERIOD!"

11/25/2021 4:27 PM  #53

Small english wheel I made specifically to restore a couple of old Talbot bullet mirrors.

Vapor blasting gun made out of a regular media blasting gun.

Tucking fork used to make tucks in sheet metal for shrinking with a hammer.

Just a socket soldered to a 3/8 joint that I made to make it easier to attach and unscrew the nuts holding the seats to the floorpan on my ´67.

Tailstock die holder for my lathe.

Special type of screwdriver and tool to adjust the sights on a Swedish Army AK4 (Swedish-made version of the Heckler &Koch G3A3 7.62×51mm NATO, select-fire battle rifle).

These had me scratching my own head for a while. Got them as one of my work buddies dad passed away and left a two car garage filled with tools and machines which I bought. They are shoemakers pliers also called lasting pliers.

11/26/2021 7:51 AM  #54

That makes sense.  The last is the upper part of a shoe, and they need to be able to pull it around the lower part and fasten it before attaching the sole.  I had a cousin who ran a shoe repair shop for decades, sadly both he and the shop are now gone.  Its becoming a lost art in our disposable society.  I used to get my work boots resoled there and they repaired all things leather as well.  He once fixed a leather jacket I had that must have cost hundreds of dollars for $50.  It occurs to me that there's all this talk about recycling today, but in days gone by things were made better and could be easily repaired, giving them a much longer service life.  Its definitely easier, cheaper, and better for the environment to fix something than it is to recycle it into materials and make new stuff.  Its seems people today love our disposal society, but feel they must recycle so they don't feel bad about it, while never considering the overall cost of that lifestyle.  I mean all this talk about plastic in the ocean.  Two words: deposit bottles.  Sorry, tangential I know.

11/26/2021 4:24 PM  #55

Speaking of shoe repair, I picked up a couple of these on my way home from the Kansas mini bash at an Iowa farm auction. Figured I could make some sort of metal dolly out of it. Any ideas?

Last edited by Bearing Bob (11/26/2021 4:28 PM)

Bob. 69 Mach 1, 393W, SMOD Toploader, Armstrong  steering, factory AC.

11/26/2021 5:20 PM  #56

Build an automatic asskicking machine?

Money you enjoy wasting is NOT wasted money... unless your wife finds out.

11/26/2021 5:37 PM  #57

Pandora's tool box.

I made enough money to buy Miami, but pissed it away so fast

11/26/2021 5:44 PM  #58

It's a shoe last. Put the shoe on and stitch or nail the soles on.

67 Coupe, 5.0 EEC IV Fuel injected. T5, 3:70 rear

11/26/2021 6:37 PM  #59

That'd be perfect for my new coal fired, steam driven, wireless remote controlled, two place a$$ kicking machine.  The old rope pull version is wearing me out.  And sometimes I have a friend that needs to do an hour or so too.

BB1

"you get what you pay for, good work isn't cheap, and there are NO free lunches...PERIOD!"

11/26/2021 7:23 PM  #60

Bearing Bob wrote:

Speaking of shoe repair, I picked up a couple of these on my way home from the Kansas mini bash at an Iowa farm auction. Figured I could make some sort of metal dolly out of it. Any ideas?

You found T800’s foot at a farm auction?

Good work ain't cheap, Cheap work ain't good!   Simple Man

11/27/2021 6:28 AM  #61

Where was the computer chip?  Oh, that's right, Jeff Bezos found it and now we call it Alexa...

11/27/2021 1:20 PM  #62

Daze wrote:

MS wrote:

That is a nice-to-have tool, Daze

Thanks!!! After an afternoon in the shop it’s a set of 5: 7/16”-11/16”

NIce work Daze.
My version of the internal "collet"

11/27/2021 1:22 PM  #63

Some times your tool is just too short!

11/27/2021 1:24 PM  #64

11/27/2021 1:25 PM  #65

11/27/2021 1:27 PM  #66

11/27/2021 1:30 PM  #67

11/27/2021 3:35 PM  #68

Lucy, you got some splainin' to do.

11/27/2021 5:26 PM  #69

Robot fighting league?

11/27/2021 6:23 PM  #70

Rudi wrote:

This one holds third members!   I made mine out of angle iron.   Again, functional, but no where near as perty as that!

If multiple things can go wrong, the one that will go wrong will be the one that causes the most damage.

11/27/2021 6:57 PM  #71

Right on Greg, using it is much easier than rolling the “chunk” around on a work bench

11/28/2021 9:47 AM  #72

Rudi wrote:

I made this  from tool steel and heat treated it, this gizmo is for crimping battery and weld cable lugs

11/28/2021 9:51 AM  #73

Rudi wrote:

A pulling tool to remove pressed in blind hole studs and dowel pins.

11/28/2021 9:56 AM  #74

Rudi wrote:

A slide hammer with various attachments. I initially made it to remove the outer taper bearing races, the other screw on pieces were for situations as they popped up.

11/28/2021 2:56 PM  #75

Those slam hammers are handy. But I usually forget I have one when I need to use it.

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.