| ||
| Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for: FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events |
1 of 1
Offline
I have limited my choices down to a few
First am racing vn805 blvd 17x8 

Next choice tto polished 17x8

Next choice from discount tire don't recall the name they also come chrome
And last choice show wheels streeter

Offline

True74yamaha wrote:
I have limited my choices down to a few
Next choice from discount tire don't recall the name they also come chrome
I like those.
EDIT: In fact I like them so much I wouldn't mind them on MY car
. I might have to give DT a call!
Last edited by JVince (10/16/2013 12:27 PM)
Offline

At the risk of always going with a Torque Thrust style wheel all the time, these look killer on the car.
Maybe 1" narrower so they clear better, though...
Offline
I agree on clearance, I'm thinking I wanna do a 17x7 front and 17x8 rear I wish a 17x10 could fit or even a 17x9. What back spacing do you have on your car steve. I know you narrowed the fronts to 17x7
Offline

Fronts are 17x7 with 4.72" bs 235x45 (would prefer 4.375" bs for better scrub radius, but then fenders probably would not clear)
Rears are 17x8 with 5.72" bs 245x45
I have Versailles rear end (wider than stock) + 1/4" spacers, so don't compare that to a stock rear end width.
Offline

If you want to put 8" on the back I think a 4.75" BS would be the best bet if you don't want to be concerned with any clearance issues and 235s would probably be the biggest no worries tire size. 245s on 17x8s w/4.5" BS on my '66 took a lot of work on the rear fender lips to make them clear 100% of the time. If I stick with these rims (TT Ms) in the current size I'm considering a 1/2" - 1" narrower rear end when I upgrade the 8 to a 9.
Offline
Here's a site I found for tire fitment on our cars
Offline
Offline

GaryPatrick,
You have a 65/66 I believe? What are your plans for fitting the 9" wheels on the back - any mods? Looking at my car (66) it looks like a 9" with the 5.5" backspacing might fit in the stock rear wells with a 255/45 and no mods to the inner wheel housing. The c-67s are nice looking, did you go with the machined finish? What calipers are you runnng up front?
Offline
Gpatrick what area you from I'm from Riverton utah. Are you from slc
Offline
I live in the Denver area. I'm actually heading over to the SLC area in two weeks on business. Coy's used to be in Denver and they hosted a big swap meet at Bandimere which is where I picked up the wheels. I had my neighbor look at the wheels - he has extensive experience with 66's - and he is pretty sure I can get them to work. According to Coys, they will fit a 67 nicely but a 66 will need to have rolled fenders in back, which I plan to do. There is a little issue on the inner fender that will require some tweaking but not tubs. We set a 275 tire on a late model wheel in there and it kinda fits but with some surgery. I hope to run a 245 or 255. I bought the TCP four link coil setup in back and the lower control arm is narrower than the leaf spring so this really helps on the inside with the backspacing. I plan on getting tires over the holidays so I can so final fit-up and banging before paint, etc. I have the MS kit up front for the GT brakes (2008 or so) and the clearance on the spindle and caliper with the wheel is great. In back I am running Cobra brakes and they also fit well in the wheels. I will probably end up trimming and pushing the front lip of the fender forward to get a 235 up there. I have also installed a camber adjustment kit to hopefully pull the wheels in an 1/8 or better. I hope it all works and if it doesn't I'll try something else.
And... I got the machined wheels. The chrome wheels were a little too chromey for my tastes but to each his own.
Last edited by GPatrick (10/16/2013 10:42 PM)
Offline
I also wish I could fit a 9" or wider in the back of my stang I think I might do that tub modification someone here showed me
Offline
Dude, I feel your pain. After I narrowed it down to 4 wheels, it took me 3 years to decide on the one to get. The wife and kids gave me crap the entite time. I finnaly decided which ones and baught them. Don‘t worry about anyones oppinion but your own. You are the one who has to be happy with then. Good luck!! L8tr Steve
Offline
Thanks 55steve
Offline
Another interesting note about Denver. Wheels works HQ.is in Denver, and they happen to own American racing wheels. I personally like the torque thrust m. But, I ended up buying the ridler 695 chrome, as they seem to be built a little nicer and I got a better deal. That being said, the torque thrust have a nicer center cap that actually bolts to the wheel and is not chromed plastic. Ridler has another wheel with the sharper rib, like the black ones you had pictured. But, go with what you like the best. I was gonna go with black wheels as they are $100 cheaper per set than chrome, but MS and others to save up and go with the chrome.....glad I did.
1 of 1
| REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on. |