FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/20/2013 5:54 AM  #1


Where are the holes for my windshield and rear glass?

Well I'm up before the girls to get a little work completed on my '65 fastback. I have the early style with the screws and it seems the body shop may have filled in a few holes at the front and back glass frame. Does any one have a diagram or count? Also, to confirm what size drill bit?
Thank you!

 

10/20/2013 8:03 AM  #2


Re: Where are the holes for my windshield and rear glass?

I'm pretty sure that you may be able to feel at least some of the holes from the back side if you reach behind. If not, I'm not sure of the size. I'd suggest popping the $17 for a new windshield/back glass mounting kit which includes new clips and screws w/sealant. Good luck.

I was going to attach a diagram of the mounting clips but didn't want to run afoul of copyright law. If you PM me your email I will send it to you. Essentially, there are 4 clips on either side, 6 along the bottom, and 8 along the top.


1965 Mustang 2+2 EFI
 

10/20/2013 8:47 AM  #3


Re: Where are the holes for my windshield and rear glass?

Thank you Jeff p.m. sent

     •Thread Starter
 

Board footera


REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.