| ||
| Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for: FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events |
Offline

I'm finally plumbing my brakes that I got around 2005. What tabs can I use that mount the flex/ hard lines to the frame? The 69 stock tab is built into the flex line. I have 01 Cobra flex lines. The instructions for the conversion here say to use the stock tabs. I wasn't able to find an answer using search.
Do the earlier Mustangs or 01 Cobras use a separate tab? I bought some generic tabs which had round holes, unlike the D shaped holes in the 69.
Any advice would help
Thanks, Bob
Offline

The stock tabs referred to are for 65/66. I have been looking at using original 69/70 disc brake hoses that have the frame bracket as part of the hose. Those would be a good idea but I have not checked the length for proper fit. Also, the banjo (caliper) end may or may not have to be filed for clearance on the COBRA caliper. I held a pair up against the hoses on my 66 and they looked like they would work, but I have not actually installed any. If they do work, those would be my preference, as they have the frame bracket and are not expensive.
I saw some original type frame brackets on ebay last night but they wanted over $20 for each one. It is important to have the hex shape that grips the hose and keeps it from turning if using OEM style cobra hoses. I do not like the original hoses that have the steel section of tubing in them. They do not fit the old cars as well as aftermarket hose that is all rubber tube.
Offline

My 69 banjo wont bolt up w/o some machining to one edge for clearance. Since it didn't bolt up I didn't check the hose for length.
The oem Cobra hose is really a pia with the hard line connected to the banjo end. Guess I'll try to located some Cobra tabs.
Thanks Steve.
Offline

Service replacement hoses for cobra do not have the hard line.
On the 69/70 disc hoses, the banjo is brass so it is really easy to use a file to take off the offending pieces.
Offline

Thanks Steve. I ended up drilling the hole to 15/32, then filing to hex shape. Spent more time looking for parts than fabbing them.
| REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on. |