FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/25/2013 11:53 AM  #1


Bench Seat - Help or hindrence to value?

I just bought a new project car, 68 fastback that was originally equipped with a bench front seat according to the codes and still has it in the car.

I don't like bench and am inclined to change it to buckets. Any opinion on impact to it's resale value?

Is there much demand for bench seats if I listed it for sale and replaced with buckets?

Just looking for opinion here.

Car is a T code, so I am already changing it to a 5 bolt V8 set up with disc brakes. Maybe that makes the point moot?

Last edited by LondonSteve (10/26/2013 9:51 AM)

 

10/25/2013 12:40 PM  #2


Re: Bench Seat - Help or hindrence to value?

The bench is a rare option ,even more so in a fastback. I agree there ah bit out of place in a small sports car like the mustang, which is what makes them rare. But what you could do is install a set of buckets,recover the bench and set it aside to offer to the new owner if you sell the car..


It's hard to type "funny"
 

10/25/2013 7:43 PM  #3


Re: Bench Seat - Help or hindrence to value?

The fold-down backrest on the center bench seat makes a great armrest.  But, like you, I do not like the bench seat.  Stick it in the attic for some future fanatic owner who cannot wait to correct what the PO did to the car!


Money you enjoy wasting is NOT wasted money... unless your wife finds out.
 

10/25/2013 8:43 PM  #4


Re: Bench Seat - Help or hindrence to value?

Steve:  Leave it in (you will like the armrest).  M.

 

10/26/2013 9:49 AM  #5


Re: Bench Seat - Help or hindrence to value?

I guess the upside to a bench is I don't have to spend any money trying to find a center console with it.

I think I am going to defer a final decision until I am ready to install the interior. ( Everything is out of the car, down to a bare shell right now. )

Anybody have photos of a 67 or 68 all done with a bench in place?

     •Thread Starter
 

Board footera


REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.