FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/05/2022 11:45 AM  #1

People don't read anymore!!

As most of you know I have spent the last 20 years messing with my cars and other projects in the garage and then sharing my projects and experience on my website.  The problem is my website is getting less and less traffic because people would rather watch a video on youtube than sit down and read a highly detailed web article.  To that end I have started making youtube videos.  A lot of them are related to my recent mill/lathe projects but there are also some related to my car projects (and there will be more car related content).  If you have not seen my channel, check it out.  If you have a youtube account please subscribe to my channel.  Once I receive 1000 subscribers youtube deems my channel "worthy" and is more likely to come up when a search is done on something I cover.  Why am I posting this here?  Well my most recent video is Mustang related and talks about options for actuating the clutch when running a T5.  there is no "new" info and frankly there is way less information than the article I put together for Ford Muscle years ago but it still might be worth a watch.

If it isn't broken...modify it anyway! http://www.DazeCars.com https://galaxieforum.boardhost.com

5/05/2022 12:14 PM  #2

Re: People don't read anymore!!

Does it cover MustangSteve cable clutch actuation?

(Sorry-too lazy to go look at video). I typically discourage links to other stuff being posted here. Like, if this site is not worthy of the entire post, should I be supporting the advertising of posts elsewhere?

Money you enjoy wasting is NOT wasted money... unless your wife finds out.

5/05/2022 12:16 PM  #3

MS wrote:

Does it cover MustangSteve cable clutch actuation?

(Sorry-too lazy to go look at video). I typically discourage links to other stuff being posted here. Like, if this site is not worthy of the entire post, should I be supporting the advertising of posts elsewhere?

I actually mention a cable clutch as being a good option and there being some fantastic designs out there (I don't mention yours specificaly but over the last 15+ years I have sent quite a few people your directing when they have contacted me in and asked about a cable clutch). As far as the link goes my apologies and that is an easy fix, I will change the way the post is set up so the video appears in the post and the link goes away.

If it isn't broken...modify it anyway! http://www.DazeCars.com https://galaxieforum.boardhost.com

5/05/2022 2:16 PM  #4

👍🏻

5/05/2022 4:09 PM  #5

I have a YouTube account but how do I "subscribe" to your channel?
6s6

Get busy Liv'in or get busy Die'n....Host of the 2020 Bash at the Beach/The only Bash that got cancelled  )8

5/05/2022 4:17 PM  #6

Oops!  I went back and deleted the link to the article that identified the year of your autolite.

My bad.  I guess I did not understand linking other sites to a true problem solving board.  But think ing about it, I do get it now.   

One of the problems I see is people do not, or want to do research using their cell phones and the tiny screens. 

Secondary problem to both your sites is the Mustangs and Galaxies sites on Facebook are extremely popular.   That is where the traffic is.   Along with the dks and their dk responses. 

I think the rise of the cell phones as a do-all is killing these sites.   Everyone wants convience.   Large sites with their big apps is sadly offering that.

If multiple things can go wrong, the one that will go wrong will be the one that causes the most damage.

5/05/2022 5:39 PM  #7

Yep
This forum is all but dead, with only 3-4 posts a day.

5/05/2022 6:06 PM  #8

MS wrote:

Yep
This forum is all but dead, with only 3-4 posts a day.

The forum is just slow- it isn’t dead. 

Car show season is upon us.  I’ll be posting some when my 71’ gets out of paint jail.  Been using paint jail time to mess with car audio in the daily driver…

5/05/2022 6:13 PM  #9

6sally6 wrote:

I have a YouTube account but how do I "subscribe" to your channel?
6s6

Go to YouTube search DazeCars then go to one of my videos. Under it will be a “subscribe” button.

5/06/2022 9:28 AM  #10

I like the videos myself.  Thanks for posting!  

5/07/2022 4:54 AM  #11

I agree, the video was well done. As to not reading, I think that is the natural propensity of males to prefer all things visual, with Youtube and smart phones making that easier now.

BTW MS, your forum is hard to find. I never noticed it on your site, and had difficulty finding it once I was told it was there. I didn't expect to find a forum within your website. If you want more traffic I think you need to make it more accessible. 
But the real issue is that it has the look, feel and features of something out of the 90s. Just my honest opinion- take it or leave it, but as it is, it will probably slowly fade away.

Last edited by Mach1Driver (5/07/2022 6:34 AM)

5/07/2022 7:17 AM  #12

Daze I like videos for a quick how to on certain things and probably do search them first now. I have built a few things from you articles and prefer those because, it's easier to search back through an article than a video when you have a question. I'll probably never build an IRS but still enjoyed reading it. One thing I like about your articles is, they are straight and to the point. If an article or video has to much babble, I go somewhere else. I'm just old and the only way we learned to do something is read or muck it up enough times until you figure it out

If this forum can't fix it, it isn't broke.

5/07/2022 11:51 AM  #13

Daze - I thought the video was done well. 

MS - I think your forum is excellent, very technically knowledgeable people, provided good input.  No grandstanding, or boasting of ‘my ride is better than your ride’.   Just a great group of people willing to share experiences and being helpful to others. 

65 Fastback, 351W, 5-speed, 4 wheel discs, 9" rear,  R&C Front End.

5/07/2022 3:48 PM  #14

BobE wrote:

Daze - I thought the video was done well. 

MS - I think your forum is excellent, very technically knowledgeable people, provided good input.  No grandstanding, or boasting of ‘my ride is better than your ride’.   Just a great group of people willing to share experiences and being helpful to others. 

That is 100% true, but not the point. MS was grousing about only getting 3-4 posts per day, and this isn't the first I've heard it. Perhaps he would appreciate some constructive criticism that would elicit more traffic. I've given mine and I hope others do the same. It would be a shame to see this forum go by the wayside. Here's another- many people complain about the lost content of previous posts, pictures and how-to's. I'm no expert, but I've heard that cloud-backup could alleviate data loss. And of course he needs to make business decisions- none of this is free for him.

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.