FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/11/2022 6:41 PM  #1

prius elect power steering

has anyone found a manual, directions, video on installing a prius electric power steering up grade to their first generation mustang or falcon?? i 've looked and haven't found what i am looking for either here or on the internet. i would actually like to have it in paper form.

5/11/2022 6:58 PM  #2

Re: prius elect power steering

Do a search on Vintage-mustang.com. Lots of posts on the Prius upgrade.

Good work ain't cheap, Cheap work ain't good!   Simple Man

5/11/2022 7:24 PM  #3

thank you for the heads up

5/11/2022 7:31 PM  #4

Is that an electric R&P setup?  For rear steer?
I knew something would show up someday that would “bolt right on”.

Money you enjoy wasting is NOT wasted money... unless your wife finds out.

5/11/2022 7:43 PM  #5

MS wrote:

Is that an electric R&P setup? For rear steer?

Found this little write up

https://www.motortrend.com/how-to/150-electric-power-steering-junkyard-prius-delivers/

5/11/2022 7:59 PM  #6

Same thing from certain Corola's.  Friend is planning to add one to his Willys PU.  Right now I'm  very happy with my Borgesen box/Lee pump setup (thank you JKB) butt down the road.......?

"you get what you pay for, good work isn't cheap, and there are NO free lunches...PERIOD!"

5/11/2022 8:14 PM  #7

A Volvo elec PS pump seems to be quite a bit less work and super popular. Lot's of the Crown Vic swap guys and Lightning guys have been using them.

5/11/2022 8:57 PM  #8

MS wrote:

Is that an electric R&P setup?  For rear steer?

Not a R&P, it goes between the steering wheel and the steering linkage.
Similar to my Vue set up but I don’t know if has the adjustability for output torque like mine via a pot.
Certainly not bolt on or plug and play.
Both the Vue and Prius EPAs units need fab skills.
Most of the few rear steer R&P units out there need serious internal modifications to increase travel for turn radius of our old Mustangs, some of them just plain aren’t compatible.
Most all of this has been beaten to death on VMF.

Last edited by Rudi (5/11/2022 9:04 PM)

Good work ain't cheap, Cheap work ain't good!   Simple Man

5/13/2022 5:00 PM  #9

I HAVE BEEN LOOKING IN THE Mustang steve store. looking for the bearing set up that goes in the bracket that holes the brake and clutch peddles. haven't been able to find them the issue is one side of my bracket is stretched, oval, if there is another repair i would entertain that idea as well.

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.