FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/03/2022 8:10 PM  #1

Air conditioning

I ordered an indash air conditioning unit from Old Air products Hurricane system yesterday. Really didn't want to wait till the end of summer for a Vintage Air unit. They said 2 to 3 week delivery, (depending on shipping) .I will let you know how it goes in and how well it works whenever i get it installed.

67 Coupe, 5.0 EEC IV Fuel injected. T5, 3:70 rear

5/04/2022 11:07 AM  #2

Re: Air conditioning

I have been wondering about these systems.

Its really me....I fixed my caps lock .

5/05/2022 7:46 PM  #3

Ordered on Monday, UPS was supposed to deliver today, but it was a no show. We will see if it shows up tomorrow.

5/06/2022 9:56 PM  #4

What car is it going into?

My Vintage Air just arrived this week. Took 14 weeks and one day. True to what they said when I ordered it.

Money you enjoy wasting is NOT wasted money... unless your wife finds out.

5/07/2022 6:56 AM  #5

Ordered on Monday, showed up on Friday
Going in to the 67 Coupe.  Everything looks good, the underdash unit is a little smaller than i envisioned it. I am hoping it doesn't affect the performance.  
Going to start installing today
 pic sharing

Last edited by Alan (5/07/2022 6:58 AM)

5/07/2022 7:09 AM  #6

Looks nice and compact behind the glovebox.

If you look at the surface area the evaporator, it is larger than an under dash units.
I believe it also uses the modern design evaporator used in newer cars.

You’ll be chillin’ this summer.

What compressor will you be using?

Last edited by Nos681 (5/07/2022 7:14 AM)

5/07/2022 9:26 AM  #7

Going to use the compressor off the 89 Mustang, Denso 6P148. Ordered a reseal kit and will be putting that in. Doesn't look too hard. Got the condensor in this morning, but have to take the wife out for Mothers day now.

5/08/2022 7:53 PM  #8

Got a little time this evening and installed the evaporator. Really pleased with how everything is fitting so far. 

5/12/2022 8:42 PM  #9

Does it matter where the charge port goes in the system? Right now the port will come out behind the compressor right next to the intake. I want to turn the hose around and buy a 45 degree fitting to make it fit better, but haven't found one to come out the top where I need it. 
If i turn the hose around, the port will be next to the evaporator.

5/12/2022 10:21 PM  #10

Take a look at coldhose.com

They have quite a selection of fittings.

I’m not an a/c expert, as long as the charge port is on the same hose, should be fine.

Reason is that port is still in same section of the system, it’s a closed system.

From your description, sounds like it is your compressor suction side hose.

5/13/2022 10:49 AM  #11

I might be out in the broccoli patch, cause I'm not familiar with your compressor, but can it be rotated on the mounting bracket?
For the compressor Vintage Air sent with connection toward the back of the body, it could be mounted with the connections up or pointed toward the fender apron. 

John  -- 67 Mustang Coupe 390 5 speed

5/13/2022 4:26 PM  #12

No the compressor is original to the engine from an 89 Mustang, Denso 6P148a. Cannot be oriented any other way.

5/14/2022 8:56 AM  #13

It could be placed in the trunk like my original compressor was when I bought my car. 😁

Was compressor rebuild fairly easy?

Last edited by Nos681 (5/14/2022 8:58 AM)

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.