FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/19/2022 7:56 PM  #1

Efi controls

Has anyone heard of ECU Master Black engine management system?

Appears to have a lot of options…way over my head.

5/20/2022 9:37 AM  #2

Re: Efi controls

Nos681 wrote:

If it's over YOUR head..........it's wayyy over mine
6sally6

Get busy Liv'in or get busy Die'n....Host of the 2020 Bash at the Beach/The only Bash that got cancelled  )8

5/20/2022 10:45 AM  #3

6sally6 wrote:

Nos681 wrote:

6sally6

And both of you are the same height....

5/20/2022 10:49 AM  #4

Here's the link if anyone else wants to read about the long list of inputs and outputs to this ECU.  And it is a long list.  Seems like a modern engine management Nerd would have something like this ECU on the Christmas wish list. If you're not such a Nerd, the learning curve for this would be very long.  Basically trying to learn all of this would become a hobby unto itself.

https://www.ecumaster.com/products/emu-black/

1968 T-code Coupe with a 302.  Nice car, no show stopper for sure, but I like it.

5/21/2022 7:00 AM  #5

josh-kebob wrote:

6sally6 wrote:

Nos681 wrote:

6sally6

And both of you are the same height....

So true. 😁

5/21/2022 11:14 AM  #6

Rufus68 wrote:

Here's the link if anyone else wants to read about the long list of inputs and outputs to this ECU.  And it is a long list.  Seems like a modern engine management Nerd would have something like this ECU on the Christmas wish list. If you're not such a Nerd, the learning curve for this would be very long.  Basically trying to learn all of this would become a hobby unto itself.

Rufus, are you familiar with the MegaSquirt?  I was looking at it 25 years ago when it was a "kit" but haven't checked it out lately.  How complex is the programming/tuning requirement on that setup?

BB1

"you get what you pay for, good work isn't cheap, and there are NO free lunches...PERIOD!"

5/21/2022 12:58 PM  #7

I'm only familiar with the different EFI offerings through reading.  I'm still working with carburetors. At the moment I have mixed feelings regarding EFI.  I like the simplicity of carburetors but I see the allure of the tuning potential of an EFI setup that includes all the necessary sensors to enable the ECU to successfully control the AFR and timing of the engine.  Since I would be at the start of the EFI learning curve, right now I'm still happy playing with the carbs. 

1968 T-code Coupe with a 302.  Nice car, no show stopper for sure, but I like it.

5/21/2022 6:55 PM  #8

I will stick with the Sniper. Easy peasy

Slammed Big Blue, ran over the varmints that messed with the Stang. Now all is good in the NW

5/22/2022 6:37 AM  #9

Bullet Bob wrote:

Rufus68 wrote:

Rufus, are you familiar with the MegaSquirt?  I was looking at it 25 years ago when it was a "kit" but haven't checked it out lately.  How complex is the programming/tuning requirement on that setup?

BB1

I looked at this early on too.  At the time it was a kit only.  It was basically built by electronics guys for electronics guys.  It was not super user friendly, and the interface for the programming was something a computer programmer would be familiar with, but wasn't really designed for the layman.  However, now you can buy the ECUs already built and the software seems a lot simpler to use.  The cost has of course gone way up over the old systems though. 

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.