FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/07/2022 11:21 PM  #76

Re: 1965 Mustang Coupe I did some Archiological digging look what I found

Removed one of the Drip Rails on my 1965 Ford Mustang Coupe tonight. Pleased to see lots of bare steel left behind. Majority of the matting surfaces that the drip rail mounted to came out very clean after a light cleaning of loos debris. Now after I pick up some Sand blasting media I can continue one cleaning the a pillar and door jamb area. Hard part is deciding if I will remove the other pieces that that make it impossible to clean and seal with out being removed.

image hosting free

Last edited by True74yamaha (6/07/2022 11:22 PM)

6/08/2022 9:43 PM  #77

I removed the outer sail panel section. Then I removed the box section that is behind the sail panel structure I removed.

6/09/2022 9:46 PM  #78

Trimmed off a side of the inner sail panel box structure. This will allow me to patch the interior side of the sail panel.

6/12/2022 1:37 AM  #79

Anyone here have experience in building a wooden buck. I was thinking of buying a small sheet of plywood cut to the shapes of the interior sail panel indents.

6/14/2022 10:12 PM  #80

instagram photo download high quality

Removed my seat riser. Not to horribly rusty.

8/12/2022 12:05 AM  #81

Made some new progress on my 1965 Mustang coupe. After 1hr 45 minutes I removed my cowl top. Did san jose primer the inside of their cowls? My 1965 mustang definitely has tons of evidence that Ford primered the inside of the cowl with red oxide primer.  Ive always heard that Ford never primered the inside of the cowl. I call BS on this as my cowl bottom says otherwise. I read that Ford Mustangs were first produced with no  seam sealer around the front edge of the cowl under the dash only one the side of the cowl. Later Mustangs got sealer around the bottom perimeter of the cowl bottom. After looking under the dash of my car my car my cowl bottom only has sealer around the sides of the cowl. Anyways im very happy after removing my cowl and looking inside and seeing that there was no rust and the bottom is in great shape. Only minimal rust on flanges.

8/15/2022 7:20 PM  #82

6/10/2023 7:14 AM  #83

I ended up getting my Mustang chassis jig underneath  her. I had originally designed my chassis jig so it had plates in each corner as well as the center connecting joist. The plates all had holes drilled through them with all thread to raise or lower the jig. I ended up making the all thread to long. I cut the all thread down and now the jig can be slid underneath my car with my car sitting on my tire/jack stands. To make it so my jig is not on the casters I ended up purchasing some RV scissor jack stands. I plan on mounting these on the bottom of the chassis jig to then level the jig off is casters. I also purchased a set of four scissor jack that I will use to raise and lower and well as level my car on my chassis jig. I made the jig 43" wide and 12ft long made out of 0.78 3x2 rectangle tube. The jack stand/ tire stands I made are built out of the same rectangle tube.

7/23/2023 10:27 PM  #84

7/23/2023 10:34 PM  #85

I know what your all gonna say is not centered. Yes I know it kinda got bumped out of center when I was drilling the holes for the Scissor jack mounts. I will fix this later. The un level is because for one havent adjusted the Scissor  jacks and two the chassis jig is sitting on its casters. I wanted to try and get the car mounted and moved back into the garage. I got the car mounted. And then it was a little heavy to push. So I removed the rear end  to try and lighted the cart. Im thinking my problem is the slight incline on the drive way. I ended up just putting the Rv Scissor  jack levelers. Under the other scissor  jack mounts so I had a little extra support under the rockers. I also need ro fix the downward flex on one of the scissor jack mounts. Im sure it would help if the mounts were fully welded in instead of tacks but I didnt really wanna weld them in the first place just kinda was sick of drilling and I wanted my car mounted. Plus outside was starting to look gray and iffy. I really dont want my car body to get rained on. Especially with it being all bare steel right now.

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.