FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/10/2022 5:35 AM  #1

Sold my wheels after 30 years

6/10/2022 8:06 AM  #2

Re: Sold my wheels after 30 years

No sense saving things you have no plan to use.  I sold all my ‘vintage’ drag racer stuff when I finally realized (at the appropriate urging of my wife) “what the hell am I saving this stuff for?”

65 Fastback, 351W, 5-speed, 4 wheel discs, 9" rear,  R&C Front End.

6/10/2022 11:57 AM  #3

I had a set on my 79 cobra mustang minus the holes.  

6/10/2022 2:29 PM  #4

Did you make enough for a tank of fuel?

Bob. 69 Mach 1, 393W, SMOD Toploader, Armstrong  steering, factory AC.

6/12/2022 6:47 AM  #5

Almost.

Better than than just sitting in a garage.

6/12/2022 10:38 AM  #6

Oh absolutely. After tossing a set, and selling a set, I've only got two sets of extra wheels.

6/13/2022 10:47 AM  #7

Those rims will make a comeback in 30 years and you'll be kicking yourself in the -oh no I used a word I shouldn't have- for selling them....LOL  

6/13/2022 3:22 PM  #8

If they were 18” wheels, might still be on the car. 😁

6/13/2022 5:10 PM  #9

Get Foose to make some 18's

Its really me....I fixed my caps lock .

6/14/2022 1:07 PM  #10

I have Hagerty insurance, and receive their quarterly "Drivers Club" publication.  A couple of issues ago, Colin Comer wrote an article about the benefits of car guys (like us) loosening their tight grip on car stuff we will never use.  (He had recently downsized his storage area by 17,000 sq feet)  I hang my head, and have to admit I am one of "those guys" that hoards stuff I will probably never use. (Hey! It's original 65/66/86/87/92 Mustang parts! Hard to let go of!)

As usual, MS was way ahead of the curve when he established the Swap Meet page here, and ESPECIALLY the Garage Point forum.  More than once I have been encouraged to let go of some "good" stuff that others need more than me, and have been the recipient of the "treasures" from other forum members.

Kudos to you, Lt. Dan, for lightening the ship.

6/14/2022 9:23 PM  #11

"(Hey! It's original 65/66/86/87/92 Mustang parts! Hard to let go of!)"

Heck, I hoard stuff I don't have cars for.

6/14/2022 9:46 PM  #12

I know what ya mean guys.

There have been times where I’d like to have a dumpster at least 1/2 the size of the house. 😂….seriously.

I started looking at what I have moved many times over the years.
The factory carb and intake is the winner of that prize.
I at least repurposed my distributor (2nd place) as my oil pump primer.

The wheels have only been removed since spring of 2016.
Getting better.

6/15/2022 1:08 PM  #13

Gee Dad, Those are Classics!!
Though I imagine the tires are plenty hard by now.

Tubo

If it ain't broke, I haven't modified it Yet

6/15/2022 1:55 PM  #14

I am the king of all hoarders, according to my better half.
I recently scrapped a high end micro wave and completely salvaged the entire internal workings.
I read somewhere that the parts could be used in a home made induction heater, might be a project for the cool months.
Amongst tons of other suff Ihave two old very low mileage BFG Sport comp 2 tires that I just can’t bear to recycle.

Good work ain't cheap, Cheap work ain't good!   Simple Man

6/16/2022 10:41 AM  #15

TimC wrote:

I have Hagerty insurance, and receive their quarterly "Drivers Club" publication.  A couple of issues ago, Colin Comer wrote an article about the benefits of car guys (like us) loosening their tight grip on car stuff we will never use.  (He had recently downsized his storage area by 17,000 sq feet)  I hang my head, and have to admit I am one of "those guys" that hoards stuff I will probably never use. (Hey! It's original 65/66/86/87/92 Mustang parts! Hard to let go of!)

As usual, MS was way ahead of the curve when he established the Swap Meet page here, and ESPECIALLY the Garage Point forum.  More than once I have been encouraged to let go of some "good" stuff that others need more than me, and have been the recipient of the "treasures" from other forum members.

Kudos to you, Lt. Dan, for lightening the ship.

Tim, I recently let go of a car that I felt like someone else needed it more than me!!  

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.