FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/11/2022 8:48 PM  #1

2011 f150

i have a problem with my A/C on my 2011 f150 . the blower all on it's own slows way down, up still can feel wisp of cool or cold air, then it will start picking up speed again all on it's own. about 6 weeks ago i installed a new radio and CD player, it never happened before that, and this issue just started. getting ready for a 700 mile road trip, here in west texas it sure would be nice to have it fixed for that trip. 

7/12/2022 4:43 AM  #2

Re: 2011 f150

Did the old radio have some kind of “can bus” cable?
If so, that would be my guess.

A lot of the modern vehicles have all electronic components tied together and the radio may need programming to reestablish comms.

I don’t know squat about these systems.

I understand that it is too much crap for a car for me.
I know GM had a lot of these issues too in their trucks and suv’s…I’m sure Dodge had their share as well.

Might try a radio install shop for advice.

Last edited by Nos681 (7/12/2022 4:44 AM)

7/12/2022 5:11 AM  #3

radio/Cd worked fine for a month or two

7/12/2022 5:21 AM  #4

I would google the issue along with your exact model and options (auto climate control, etc. if equipped).  What I've found with issues like this is typically others have experienced the same thing and there are forums for just about every make, model, etc. where problems are discussed. 

7/12/2022 2:45 PM  #5

Also, sugeest contacting the manufacturer of the radio/cd player and explain the problem, they may be able to assit.  
Also try leaving the radio/cd player off and see if the problem continues, that will give some clue to where to continue further troubleshooting. 

65 Fastback, 351W, 5-speed, 4 wheel discs, 9" rear,  R&C Front End.

7/12/2022 9:40 PM  #6

seems that the resistor module was bad, tasted the fan motor as suggested, it seems to be fine, so i replace the resistor module. i will find out tomorrow

7/13/2022 6:45 PM  #7

well that wasn't it, 

7/13/2022 9:06 PM  #8

further research shows that the factory connector for the resistor module could be burnt, looking forward to looking at that tomorrow..

7/14/2022 6:58 AM  #9

Val
F150online is a good forum to explorer.  They've been helpful to me in the past when I had issues with my f-150.

7/14/2022 12:07 PM  #10

val fulesday wrote:

i have a problem with my A/C on my 2011 f150 . the blower all on it's own slows way down, up still can feel wisp of cool or cold air, then it will start picking up speed again all on it's own. about 6 weeks ago i installed a new radio and CD player, it never happened before that, and this issue just started. getting ready for a 700 mile road trip, here in west texas it sure would be nice to have it fixed for that trip. 

I know on my 2017 Explorer, when I use the phone, the fan speed is automatically slowed to cut down on the noise level. Maybe your radio has that function?

68 coupe - 351W, 4R70W, 9" 3.25 -- 65 convertible - 289 4v, C4, 8" 3.00

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.