FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/02/2022 11:19 AM  #1

Cancelling Out ON BASH TRIP

Sorry to say I am canceling my plans to attend the Bash.  I have been scheduled for a knee replacement on August 31st.  I will have 2 weeks of at-home PT followed by 8 weeks of outpatient PT.

I will have to live vicariously through emails and texts from those in attendance.

Mustang Steve Bash in Gruene, Texas September29-30, 2023

8/02/2022 3:15 PM  #2

Re: Cancelling Out ON BASH TRIP

Hate to see ya miss, but a bionic knee is a good excuse. Do the PT like they say to make a full recovery. 

John  -- 67 Mustang Coupe 390 5 speed

8/02/2022 4:16 PM  #3

Sorry you can’t go, Al.  I was planning a nice drive down one of those Illinois gravel roads just for your enjoyment!

Money you enjoy wasting is NOT wasted money... unless your wife finds out.

8/03/2022 6:00 AM  #4

Ooooh oooooh oooooooh can we drive over a train track hump and bottom out again at full speed this time too?

8/03/2022 8:32 AM  #5

Mochaman wrote:

Ooooh oooooh oooooooh can we drive over a train track hump and bottom out again at full speed this time too?

Thanks for reminding me of that, Ed. My steering wheel is still bent from trying to levitate on it during that exercise of flight.

Al, sure wish you could join us.  Look at all the misadventures you will miss!   In your honor, there will me a mini-bash in January, so get all patched up (oil leaks, and all) and ready for that.  And remember…. THE WORST DECISIONS MAKE FOR THE BEST STORIES.

8/03/2022 11:42 AM  #6

Any day other than the weekend of 13-14 January and I'm all in.

Mustang Steve Bash in Gruene, Texas September29-30, 2023

8/03/2022 3:30 PM  #7

almcgee wrote:

Any day other than the weekend of 13-14 January and I'm all in.

I think I can work with that.

8/05/2022 2:51 PM  #8

Gonna miss you Al but I do understand.  Got two aftermarket hips,,,not as bad as knees but was well worth it, both times.

"you get what you pay for, good work isn't cheap, and there are NO free lunches...PERIOD!"

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.