FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/23/2023 2:57 PM  #1

Rear Window Blind

Has anyone ever fitted a blind to the rear window of their car?
I'm not sure what to think of them...
What are the pros and cons?

Last edited by Toploader (1/24/2023 2:08 AM)

1964-1/2 D Code Coupe - 289 V8, 4 Speed Toploader, 3.00 ratio rear, Autolite 4100 Carb, 15" tires, Pertronix ignition

1/23/2023 4:51 PM  #2

Re: Rear Window Blind

Assuming you are referring to the Boss 302 style rear louvers ... No, I did not on my 65 Fastback.  Personally, I don't care for how they look, but that is just me. 

65 Fastback, 351W, 5-speed, 4 wheel discs, 9" rear,  R&C Front End.

1/23/2023 6:07 PM  #3

When I was a kid, old geezers used to put blinds inside the rear window. Is that what you mean?

I sure don't want to be that old geezer today.

Perhaps some crystal electronic film that changes translucently (?) with voltage applied?

Money you enjoy wasting is NOT wasted money... unless your wife finds out.

1/23/2023 6:36 PM  #4

Had a Dodge Challenger BITD that had 'em........I didn't like'em then and....I don't lik'em now.
Strange how looking through the rear view you could hardly see'em.
6sal6

Get busy Liv'in or get busy Die'n....Host of the 2020 Bash at the Beach/The only Bash that got cancelled  )8

1/23/2023 6:37 PM  #5

BLINDZ !
6s6

Last edited by 6sally6 (1/23/2023 6:37 PM)

Get busy Liv'in or get busy Die'n....Host of the 2020 Bash at the Beach/The only Bash that got cancelled  )8

1/23/2023 7:22 PM  #6

I had a 78 Econoline conversion van with them, looked just fine!    PITA to clean.

Good work ain't cheap, Cheap work ain't good!   Simple Man

1/23/2023 7:26 PM  #7

The 70 Mustang rear louvers look great… on a 70 Mustang. I loved them on the two I had many years ago. External louvers on ANY OTHER MUSTANG are”per owner’s taste” but probably to no one else’s taste.

1/23/2023 8:44 PM  #8

Can't really picture them on anything butt a 69 or 70 my self.

Member since 2003, Mustang Steve has always been my homepage. 67 FastBack..Future engine is currently my coffee table

1/24/2023 2:10 AM  #9

This I what I've seen, but seems like the general consensus is barf city...

1964-1/2 D Code Coupe - 289 V8, 4 Speed Toploader, 3.00 ratio rear, Autolite 4100 Carb, 15" tires, Pertronix ignition

1/24/2023 2:19 AM  #10

No. Just no.

68 coupe - 351W, 4R70W, 9" 3.25 -- 65 convertible - 289 4v, C4, 8" 3.00

1/24/2023 6:18 AM  #11

I wonder if they have a pull string to open and shut them,

1/24/2023 6:25 PM  #12

Maybe some flat black mini-blinds, better fitted, would be cool…. Used to have a Plymouth Grand Caravan with them on rear seat sides and rear window.  I still have the scar on my thumb where I sliced it open getting the brackets to fit.  With today's dark tint, we sure don’t see many blinds any more.  What a pain it was trying to clean the glass.  But, at the time, I was more concerned with keeping the twins’ barf out of the rear seat.

1/24/2023 8:35 PM  #13

There’s no ‘there’ there. Sadistic addition to beautiful car.

1/25/2023 1:14 PM  #14

MS wrote:

The 70 Mustang rear louvers look great… on a 70 Mustang. I loved them on the two I had many years ago. External louvers on ANY OTHER MUSTANG are”per owner’s taste” but probably to no one else’s taste.

Ahem, I assume you meant the 69 and the 70. I agree that it just doesn't look right on the rest of them. Its hard to find a restored 69 fastback that doesn't have louvers and a chin spoiler.

1/25/2023 5:08 PM  #15

Toploader wrote:

This I what I've seen, but seems like the general consensus is barf city...

I once had a Cortina with these .... until someones foot tore it apart.

"Those telephone poles were like a picket fence"

1/25/2023 7:03 PM  #16

LOL!

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.