FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/09/2023 5:40 PM  #1

driving light/turn signal pig tail

Anyone know where you can find the pig tail that connects to the driving light/turn signal on a 67 Mustang?

The wiring harness side is a bullet connector/ 2 female 1 male.

I would like to leave the connector on my new lights and crimp new connectors to my harness if possible.

if not I'll have to cut off the connector from the light and use a deutsch connector to make the connection.  I would rather just crimp and heat shrink the pigtail to my harness if possible.

2/09/2023 5:52 PM  #2

2/09/2023 7:10 PM  #3

Re: driving light/turn signal pig tail

yep that is the type.

would just have to make sure it will fit the plug on the lights.

i know the wires will of course be a different color than factory but i would use some nice butt connectors and heat shrink close to connectors so wire color would be correct right up until close to the connector.

of course those cost more than a couple deutsch connectors so i may just cut the end off of the lights and install one of them.  

2/09/2023 9:05 PM  #4

I wanted the ability to unplug turn signal light too. I got lucky and found a donor car at a pick a part with enough wiring intact to rob the plugs from the harness. Do you know anyone with a stash of old Mustangs that are rotting down that could donate the parts?

The downside to the donor car method is the stuff is older than us and not very pliable. I was able to make it work though.

John  -- 67 Mustang Coupe 390 5 speed

2/10/2023 5:38 AM  #5

My factory plugs are in decent shape but my original harness is good as well and didn't want to butcher it.

I'll probably sell the original harness to recoop some of my money.

I may try the flat 3 way trailer connector. If they fit the lights i see they sell just a short section for around $5.00.  Jus need to make sure they fit the lights.  The wires won't be the right color but i could splice in with a butt connector and heatshrink near the connector that way original wire color right up close to the connection.

2/10/2023 6:11 AM  #6

i have found these. Dont know if they plug in to the factory or not. They have different gauges available.
 https://www.surpluscenter.com/Electrical/Power-Cords-Line-Cords/Battery-Cables/12-12-Gauge-2-Pin-Quick-Disconnect-Bullet-Connector-11-3458-12.axd

67 Coupe, 5.0 EEC IV Fuel injected. T5, 3:70 rear

2/10/2023 8:49 AM  #7

Alan wrote:

i have found these. Dont know if they plug in to the factory or not. They have different gauges available.
 https://www.surpluscenter.com/Electrical/Power-Cords-Line-Cords/Battery-Cables/12-12-Gauge-2-Pin-Quick-Disconnect-Bullet-Connector-11-3458-12.axd

That is only 2 pins.  You can get those at your local big box autoparts store.

1968 T-code Coupe with a 302.  Nice car, no show stopper for sure, but I like it.

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.