FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/19/2023 1:23 PM  #1

26 years ago today

This weekend I have been troubleshooting a coffee maker for fun.

I ran across these receipts in my cheap Radio Shack soldering kit.

My wife said I’m old.

I did figure out what I was working on in 1997.
1970 Cougar sequential turn signal circuit board.

2/19/2023 2:05 PM  #2

Re: 26 years ago today

Radio Shack? Yeah, you're old. I think I still have an old Radio Shack VOM somewhere.

68 coupe - 351W, 4R70W, 9" 3.25 -- 65 convertible - 289 4v, C4, 8" 3.00

2/19/2023 2:21 PM  #3

We still have a Radio Shack in our mall.  It is a shadow of the Radio Shacks from yesteryear.

1968 T-code Coupe with a 302.  Nice car, no show stopper for sure, but I like it.

2/19/2023 7:54 PM  #4

Nos681 wrote:

This weekend I have been troubleshooting a coffee maker for fun.

I ran across these receipts in my cheap Radio Shack soldering kit.

My wife said I’m old.

I did figure out what I was working on in 1997.
1970 Cougar sequential turn signal circuit board.

I'm surprised the receipts are still readable (zata word?!)
 Most of the time.....after 6 months or less the ink soon fades to just a white piece of paper !
(Maybe its the cooler weather?!)
6sally6

Get busy Liv'in or get busy Die'n....Host of the 2020 Bash at the Beach/The only Bash that got cancelled  )8

2/19/2023 8:19 PM  #5

"Legible"

I don't think that type of receipt uses ink.  I think the printer is thermal based.  So I think you are right that cooler temps help preserve it longer.  Also protection from light helps.
I could be wrong.

1968 T-code Coupe with a 302.  Nice car, no show stopper for sure, but I like it.

2/20/2023 6:43 AM  #6

UV light washes them out, as many. many receipts left on the dash of my truck demonstrate.  Some printing methods are definitely better than others, but there's an effect on all of them. 

2/20/2023 9:42 AM  #7

Receipt from Waukegan, IL!  Were you at Great Lakes?

2/21/2023 6:32 PM  #8

I was. That is where I proposed to Deborah.  50 years this year.

2/21/2023 6:42 PM  #9

We used to call it "The E Shack" I miss ours which closed down about five years ago. As a matter of fact I was just thinking about them last Saturday, wondering where I was going to get some connectors and a couple of fuse bus parts.

Member since 2003, Mustang Steve has always been my homepage. 67 FastBack..Future engine is currently my coffee table

2/21/2023 7:06 PM  #10

Steve-G wrote:

I was. That is where I proposed to Deborah. 50 years this year.

Congrats to Deborah and you, Steve.  Jean and I will be celebrating our 55th this year..

"you get what you pay for, good work isn't cheap, and there are NO free lunches...PERIOD!"

2/21/2023 11:31 PM  #11

Congrats to both Steve-g and BB.  Carol and I celebrated our 40th last Sunday.  It's been a good ride.  We hope for lots more.

Original owner - 351w,T-5, 4whl disks, power R&P

2/23/2023 11:11 PM  #12

TimC wrote:

Receipt from Waukegan, IL!  Were you at Great Lakes?

I was there for school only.

Last edited by Nos681 (2/24/2023 7:27 AM)

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.