FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/24/2023 9:08 AM  #1

Y'all make RETIREMENT look fun, soooo here goes

30 years in the classroom this year. With my recent birthday, I reached the "magic number". I'll still teach undergrad classes and work with the national Formula SAE college competitions--college students will never be out of my life.

Gonna head out to the garage and get a lot of cars finished. Switching '67 back to carb, welding Heidts onto '70 then paint, and cursing the rust re-appearing on the TR-6.

Not gonna be a warrior "Bash" guy yet--I'll let Al Mc. and Glen B. hold down the fort on that one.
I am chasing some possibilities of more pace car work with SCCA and TRANS AM.  Anything for more track time. 

2/24/2023 10:16 AM  #2

Re: Y'all make RETIREMENT look fun, soooo here goes

Congrats! 

I look forward to retirement down the road… A ways down the road.

2/24/2023 10:33 AM  #3

Gooooooood for you, Prof.  I hope a looooooong and enjoyable retardedment for you.

"you get what you pay for, good work isn't cheap, and there are NO free lunches...PERIOD!"

2/24/2023 8:06 PM  #4

Kudos, and welcome to the club.

Bob. 69 Mach 1, 393W, SMOD Toploader, Armstrong  steering, factory AC.

2/24/2023 9:44 PM  #5

Congrats and welcome to Shady Acres! I pulled the plug three years ago two days from now. I waited until I was 70 as I was still able to do the job (aircraft mechanic for Alaska Airlines) and it really helped with Social Security and my 401K. 36 years and 1 day at  Alaska. I had to beat my sister's record - she was a sales rep for Alaska for 35 years. Now the task is filling all the upcoming days with things to do......
Best of Luck in your retirement!

68 coupe - 351W, 4R70W, 9" 3.25 -- 65 convertible - 289 4v, C4, 8" 3.00

2/25/2023 6:25 AM  #6

I'll join the club next week.

2/25/2023 9:11 AM  #7

I did 8 and Bonnie 6 yrs. ago and never looked back. We hit the road running and still at it.

2/25/2023 11:01 AM  #8

Congratulations on the new adventure. I still have more than a decade to go!!

John  -- 67 Mustang Coupe 390 5 speed

2/25/2023 11:37 AM  #9

Enjoy your retirement.

65 Fastback, 351W, 5-speed, 4 wheel discs, 9" rear,  R&C Front End.

2/25/2023 12:40 PM  #10

Be sure to take a few days off before your retirement.
You will never get another day off once you retire!

Congrats on reaching the milestone.  Hope you have time to come visit once in a while.

Money you enjoy wasting is NOT wasted money... unless your wife finds out.

2/25/2023 1:42 PM  #11

YEP.........good on ya for getting to retirement age. (A LOTTA folkz never get there...a good thought to remember )
Retirement where........every day is Saturday 
6sally6

Get busy Liv'in or get busy Die'n....Host of the 2020 Bash at the Beach/The only Bash that got cancelled  )8

2/25/2023 4:54 PM  #12

I said goodbye to the madness nearly 8 years ago. Have a plan, start a new routine, enjoy yourself....and congrats!

2/25/2023 5:30 PM  #13

Congrads, hope it last a long time. I start vacation in mid-July and will retire Oct 1st.

If this forum can't fix it, it isn't broke.

2/25/2023 5:53 PM  #14

3 years to go at least. argh.

67 Coupe, 5.0 EEC IV Fuel injected. T5, 3:70 rear

2/25/2023 11:02 PM  #15

Its great, I started in 2020 and will pull SS in 14 more months at 70

Slammed Big Blue, ran over the varmints that messed with the Stang. Now all is good in the NW

2/26/2023 10:17 AM  #16

I think many of us are in a good place as we have both a Pension and a 401(k) plan (and SS).  Many people in the job market today only have a 401(k) … and who knows what will happen to SS in the future.
So, let's enjoy ourselves! 

65 Fastback, 351W, 5-speed, 4 wheel discs, 9" rear,  R&C Front End.

2/27/2023 10:50 AM  #17

Congrats to you!   I have about 5 years to go!

3/01/2023 11:32 AM  #18

I joined the retirement club Jan 1st 2023 & lovin' it. Now it is time to get the Mustang running.

69 Mustang Coupe, 99 Explorer Sport 4x4, 05 F-150 2WD Regular Cab,, 14 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Custom.

3/02/2023 8:21 PM  #19

Congratulations, Mike.  And welcome to the best place on the web.  Get that 69 running and join the fun a couple of times a year at the Bash and various Mini-Bashes.  Great excuses to drive the old stuff a couple of thousand miles.

BB1, Retired 12-08

"you get what you pay for, good work isn't cheap, and there are NO free lunches...PERIOD!"

3/03/2023 10:06 AM  #20

Today I dropped off some donuts for the office staff at the high school down the road where I was a substitute teacher for 9 years after I retired. The second question after how are ya doing was are you coming back to sub? While I do miss seeing the staff and kids, my answer is uh... nope. The only way I keep track of days is cuz Sunday is when the big paper comes. And like others, I don't know how I got anything done when I was working.

Happy retirement to you newbs.

Last edited by Bearing Bob (3/03/2023 10:09 AM)

3/03/2023 6:58 PM  #21

Bearing Bob wrote:

some donuts

(sorta figgerz)........
6s6

Get busy Liv'in or get busy Die'n....Host of the 2020 Bash at the Beach/The only Bash that got cancelled  )8

3/03/2023 8:02 PM  #22

Oh, and thank you Mike 65 for including you location, wish more would.

3/04/2023 4:15 PM  #23

6sally6 wrote:

Bearing Bob wrote:

some donuts

(sorta figgerz)........
6s6

You got to do what you know Sally. I also think it's about that old thing you can't teach an old dog new tricks.

3/04/2023 7:20 PM  #24

Bearing Bob wrote:

6sally6 wrote:

Bearing Bob wrote:

some donuts

(sorta figgerz)........
6s6

You got to do what you know Sally. I also think it's about that old thing you can't teach an old dog new tricks.

3/05/2023 10:02 PM  #25

Bearing Bob wrote:

Today I dropped off some donuts for the office staff at the high school down the road where I was a substitute teacher for 9 years after I retired. The second question after how are ya doing was are you coming back to sub? While I do miss seeing the staff and kids, my answer is uh... nope. The only way I keep track of days is cuz Sunday is when the big paper comes. And like others, I don't know how I got anything done when I was working.

Happy retirement to you newbs.

Ya know the Sunday paper causes cancer in California mice? 😜

Congratulations on retirement Prof.

Last edited by Nos681 (3/05/2023 10:03 PM)

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.