FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/06/2023 7:46 PM  #1

Anybody ever use New Vintage Gauge?

1966, vert, Installing a new 347, 5 speed, 4 wheel disc, pb, 3.70 LS 9", epas

4/07/2023 1:00 AM  #2

Re: Anybody ever use New Vintage Gauge?

$1320 for a new panel?

68 coupe - 351W, 4R70W, 9" 3.25 -- 65 convertible - 289 4v, C4, 8" 3.00

4/07/2023 6:47 AM  #3

I just installed a new cluster from Hye-Po in my 66.  Weather permitting, it will get it's first trial tomorrow (Saturday) going to Cars and Coffee.

Bash Host MSBB XVI.       BobC    1966 Mustang Coupe

4/07/2023 8:50 AM  #4

It is sad they deleted the “eyebrow” across the top. This is mine. Chrome plated cast aluminum with Autometer gauges, all using electric senders.

Money you enjoy wasting is NOT wasted money... unless your wife finds out.

4/07/2023 8:52 AM  #5

I've been looking at a digital instrument panel upgrade, but the pricing is holding me back.  Just can't seem to justify it. 

65 Fastback, 351W, 5-speed, 4 wheel discs, 9" rear,  R&C Front End.

4/07/2023 9:00 AM  #6

BobC wrote:

I just installed a new cluster from Hye-Po in my 66.  Weather permitting, it will get it's first trial tomorrow (Saturday) going to Cars and Coffee.

Those gauges look similar to the NVG setup without the LCD display and all the fancy features. A lot less in price too. Did it come with a wiring harness? 

4/07/2023 10:32 AM  #7

It did not come with a wiring harness. It was pretty easy to make one though.  The gauges were mounted in a new bezel and came with sending units. There was an extra cost for the sender for the speedometer. Shipping was fast and they answered the couple of questions I had.  The gauges in my avatar are not the new ones.

Last edited by BobC (4/07/2023 10:33 AM)

Bash Host MSBB XVI.       BobC    1966 Mustang Coupe

4/07/2023 7:45 PM  #8

Ron68 wrote:

$1320 for a new panel?

You better like them for that price! And they better work right for that price!

4/07/2023 7:53 PM  #9

If you are a little bit handy you can do Autometer gages for way less than half the cost of those.

Good work ain't cheap, Cheap work ain't good!   Simple Man

4/07/2023 8:04 PM  #10

Rudi wrote:

If you are a little bit handy you can do Autometer gages for way less than half the cost of those.

I want to do the 6 gauge cluster. I looked at Autometer and they were more expensive. Do you have a source that discounts Autometer?

4/07/2023 8:25 PM  #11

They look nice, but pricey. I ordered custom Speedhuts and I think they were less than half of that...of course that was several years ago so maybe their prices have gone up too.

4/07/2023 8:31 PM  #12

Chaplin wrote:

They look nice, but pricey. I ordered custom Speedhuts and I think they were less than half of that...of course that was several years ago so maybe their prices have gone up too.

Yep, I looked at Speedhut and they are way over the top, pricewise. I don't want to buy Chinese crap. Marshall gauges seems to be the best price.

4/07/2023 8:33 PM  #13

MS wrote:

It is sad they deleted the “eyebrow” across the top. This is mine. Chrome plated cast aluminum with Autometer gauges, all using electric senders.

Okay, I'll bite. Why is your tach gauge at just under 1k without the key in the ignition?

4/07/2023 8:40 PM  #14

Not sure.  I cannot remember why, but it no longer does it, and I did not change anything tach related.

Money you enjoy wasting is NOT wasted money... unless your wife finds out.

4/07/2023 9:23 PM  #15

My Autometer RPM indicator always remains at the last RPM that was displayed when ignition is shut off.
It zeros when the ignition it turned on.
An unexplained anomaly that my car has.

4/08/2023 5:46 AM  #16

Rudi wrote:

My Autometer RPM indicator always remains at the last RPM that was displayed when ignition is shut off.

My Autometer tach does the same thing.

4/08/2023 10:18 AM  #17

Texas! wrote:

Rudi wrote:

My Autometer tach does the same thing.

Hmmm….interesting.

Get in a wreck and your Tach tattles on ya!

I’m still not convinced with having that much electronics all tied together.
Especially daisy chained together.

Last edited by Nos681 (4/08/2023 10:29 AM)

4/08/2023 3:29 PM  #18

Rudi........how bout a pic of yore'n .
6sally6

Get busy Liv'in or get busy Die'n....Host of the 2020 Bash at the Beach/The only Bash that got cancelled  )8

4/08/2023 5:09 PM  #19

MS wrote:

I didn't even notice that missing "eyebrow" on the 6 gauge cluster. But now that you mention it, it does look pretty plain without it. The only 6 gauge bezel that I found that stiil has the eyebrow is the the one from Hye-Po.

4/08/2023 5:59 PM  #20

6sally6 wrote:

6sally6

here ya go!
 5 inch tach and speedo in a modified O/E bezel. the 5 inch gauges go in from the back, small ones through the front.
 I used a milling machine to mod the bezel but a Dremel could have done the job . The original gasuge support was clearanced for the gauges.

Backing plates are available but are made of flimsy plastic. i used .062 aluminum.

4/08/2023 6:23 PM  #21

Rudi wrote:

6sally6 wrote:

6sally6

here ya go!
 5 inch tach and speedo in a modified O/E bezel. the 5 inch gauges go in from the back, small ones through the front.
 I used a milling machine to mod the bezel but a Dremel could have done the job . The original gasuge support was clearanced for the gauges.

Backing plates are available but are made of flimsy plastic. i used .062 aluminum.

I like the 5" gauges. But in my 1966 I'm stuck with the 3 3/8". I think?

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.