FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/15/2023 11:58 AM  #1

How long have you been an FYI er??

I saw a post MS made saying he started the forum in 99.  Obviously he is the longest member.  I joined some time between when it started in 99 and before I moved in December of 2000.  My guess is summer of 2000.  I am sure I am not the most tenured member (excluding MS) but it got me thinking when did you join this fine group? ball park as I am sure no on know the exact date.

If it isn't broken...modify it anyway! http://www.DazeCars.com https://galaxieforum.boardhost.com

6/15/2023 12:07 PM  #2

Re: How long have you been an FYI er??

Got my Mustang in December 2004. Joined in 2005 when I installed the  MS power brake mod. Been here almost every day since.

Good, fast or cheap. Pick any two...

6/15/2023 1:51 PM  #3

IIRC which may be a stretch but I was posting around YK 2. I am sure that at the time my screen name was not Rudi and perhaps Al Newman  was around. Correct me if I’m wrong.
There was not too much traffic at the time but I do remember that the members had a lot more class than other web sites where hostility was commonplace for what was perceived as a dumb question.

Good work ain't cheap, Cheap work ain't good!   Simple Man

6/15/2023 1:53 PM  #4

When did BILLY WALTON host it in Carrollton Georgee ?
It was right before that I joined-up.........(2006)
6sally6

Last edited by 6sally6 (6/16/2023 5:58 PM)

Get busy Liv'in or get busy Die'n....Host of the 2020 Bash at the Beach/The only Bash that got cancelled  )8

6/15/2023 2:41 PM  #5

I remember conversing with MS via email about a duraspark conversion. He was a voice of reason in the days of bulletin boards and mailing lists.
Does anyone have a pic of the first Bash shirt? It had all the members user names on it. My original user name was on it.

"Those telephone poles were like a picket fence"

6/15/2023 4:44 PM  #6

Bought my first Mustang in '92.  Became a member here whenever it says I registered. Apparently 2014.  About the time I pulled my '67 out of its decade long coma. 

Last edited by TKOPerformance (6/15/2023 4:45 PM)

6/15/2023 9:10 PM  #7

2002  is when I joined up....and attended the first bash by airplane in 2004 first time and only time on a plane too.
I drove 750 miles one way to the 2nd bash  one had only put 50 mile on car since total rotissirie build.

Last edited by BILLY WALTON from GEORGIA (6/15/2023 10:07 PM)

Its really me....I fixed my caps lock .

6/15/2023 9:35 PM  #8

6sally6 wrote:

When did BILLY WALTON host it in Carrollton Georgee ?
It was right before that I joined-up.........
6sally6

Bash By Year
1st. 2004 Thomas Park, Carrolton, Tx Steve & Sherry Wilkes. 
2nd. 2005 Sandy Lake, Carrolton, Tx Steve & Sherry Wilkes
3rd. 2006 Carrolton, Georgia Billy Walton
4th.2007 Sandy Lake Carrolton, Tx. Steve & Sherry Wilkes. 
5th. 2008 Fort Walton Beach Corky Pitzenberger
6th. 2009 Jacksonville, Illinois/ Terry & Lynn Mcgovern. 
7th. 2010 Cedar Hill Lake, Tx Steve & Sherry Wilkes. 
8th. 2011, Kalispell, MT. Day Scovel/ Daze
9th. 2012 Tomball,Tx Glen & Steve Buzek. 
10th. 2013 Franklin, Tenn. Jerry & Lori Fitch
11th. 2014 Vandalia IL Terry Robbins
12th. 2015 
Wimberly, Tx. Steve/SherryWilkes
13th. 2016 Montrose, CO Bob Evans
14th. 2017 1 Fort Walton Beach, FL/ Corky Pitzenberger
15th. 2018 Glen Rose, Tx, Steve Grey
16th. 2019 Adrian Michigan, Bob/ Cindy
Charlton
17th. 2020 Virtual Myrtle Beach SC, Mike Holt. 
18th. 2021 Rockwall, TX / Ed Benton. 
19th. September 17, 2022
Vandalia, Illinois
Terry & Lisa Robbins
20th. Sept. 2023
Gruene, Texas
Steve & Sherry wilkes

Above list compiled thanks to Al McGee with Mustangsteve's input. 

6/15/2023 10:01 PM  #9

I don't recall the exact date, but I'm sure I was one of the first, as I followed MS over from the message board we were on when he said he was starting a board of his own. I bought my 68 in 1996 and worked on it on and off for a couple of years before jumping on it in earnest. When I started putting it together is when I started asking questions of MS.

And yes, I still have my BB 1 T-shirt too.

Last edited by Ron68 (6/15/2023 10:04 PM)

68 coupe - 351W, 4R70W, 9" 3.25 -- 65 convertible - 289 4v, C4, 8" 3.00

6/16/2023 7:34 AM  #10

I joined in 2005 when I bought a 66 T code coupe from a co-worker, and was searching for better brake options.

6/16/2023 8:19 AM  #11

I believe I initially joined around 2005 or 2006.  I forget why, but had to re-registrar in 2013.
I joined after reviewing various other Mustang related websites and found MS Forum to be the most experienced, technically competent, helpful site ... all without bragging and nonsensical rhetoric. 
Glad that MS Forum hasn't changed and still provides valued assistance by experienced people. 

65 Fastback, 351W, 5-speed, 4 wheel discs, 9" rear,  R&C Front End.

6/16/2023 8:32 AM  #12

I'm going to guess around 2010. It's hard to believe 13 years, time flies. 

If this forum can't fix it, it isn't broke.

6/16/2023 9:59 AM  #13

Rudi wrote:

IIRC which may be a stretch but I was posting around YK 2. I am sure that at the time my screen name was not Rudi and perhaps Al Newman was around. Correct me if I’m wrong.
There was not too much traffic at the time but I do remember that the members had a lot more class than other web sites where hostility was commonplace for what was perceived as a dumb question.

I always wondered what happened to "Al Newman", Didn't realize that was you.  This site has always been a class act!!

If it isn't broken...modify it anyway! http://www.DazeCars.com https://galaxieforum.boardhost.com

6/16/2023 10:23 AM  #14

I'm a newbie compared to all of you.  I remember when Billy finally stopped YELLING in his posts.  Did he YELL from 2002 until then??
That's a lot of YELLING.

1968 T-code Coupe with a 302.  Nice car, no show stopper for sure, but I like it.

6/16/2023 10:27 AM  #15

Some time late 2000 or early 2001. I was looking at the Ford Falcon Network and saw a post about Mustang Steve and joined up. Just watched every day for a long time before I posted anything.

6/16/2023 11:21 AM  #16

I joined in 2003 when I was looking for help with my 69 Mustang.  A lot of great help on this site throughout the years.  

6/16/2023 11:27 AM  #17

March 1, 2016 is the day I found this site. First bash was Montrose in 2016. 

Gary Zilik - Pine Junction, Colorado - 67 Coupe, 289-4V, T5

6/16/2023 12:48 PM  #18

I believe it was in the summer of 2003 I remember shortly after I bought the FastBack, I went on line with a yahoo search and amongst others like FOMOCO, VMF, and Mustang Steve forums, I chose The last one to check out. FoMoCo was strictly stock God forbid you mention a modification on your Mustang with MR.F in charge. VMF at the time was hit and miss on the answers. Steve seemed to have the right answers every time. Through his information and web site I learned I had an 8 inch rearend also Granada brakes and how to rebuild them. Those were the good old days....

Member since 2003, Mustang Steve has always been my homepage. 67 FastBack..Future engine is currently my coffee table

6/16/2023 1:23 PM  #19

Daze wrote:

Rudi wrote:

IIRC which may be a stretch but I was posting around YK 2. I am sure that at the time my screen name was not Rudi and perhaps Al Newman was around. Correct me if I’m wrong.

I always wondered what happened to "Al Newman", Didn't realize that was you.  This site has always been a class act!!

Sorry for the. Misunderstanding about Al Newman  he was not me, I just thought he was around at the time I started posting.

Good work ain't cheap, Cheap work ain't good!   Simple Man

6/16/2023 2:09 PM  #20

I think I joined in 2001 or 2002.  I know I first used a different screen name but I can't remember what it was.   Maybe it's on the first t shirt?   My first bash was 2006.   Its a shame we lost all the posts of the original forum.   So much good and info has been discussed and lost as well as many thousands of pictures.

If multiple things can go wrong, the one that will go wrong will be the one that causes the most damage.

6/16/2023 5:54 PM  #21

I joined the forum in either the December of 2002 or the January of 2003. I came across the forum and chatted with Steve (MS) about a Mustang I found. I was deliberating over whether to purchase or not and I remember him saying something like "If you don't buy it, I will". So I bought it and the rest was history 🙂

1964-1/2 D Code Coupe - 289 V8, 4 Speed Toploader, 3.00 ratio rear, Autolite 4100 Carb, 15" tires, Pertronix ignition

6/16/2023 6:10 PM  #22

Rudi wrote:

Daze wrote:

Rudi wrote:

Sorry for the. Misunderstanding about Al Newman he was not me, I just thought he was around at the time I started posting.

Al Newman was actually Larry Hackney, from Grand Prairie, Tx. He was the founder of Southwest Mustang Parts in Arlington, Tx where he and his son ran the business for many years. His son passed away fairly young and then Larry sold the business, but kept doing Mustang stuff from his house. Larry joined the forum as Al Newman. In his own words, it was short for ALL NEW MAN. He was a great contributor on the forum and unfortunately was taken by cancer a couple of years ago.

Money you enjoy wasting is NOT wasted money... unless your wife finds out.

6/16/2023 7:17 PM  #23

We also lost another guy tragically to a murder. I wish I could remember his name? He was one of the good guys here and had just finished his car. I always wondered if they ever caught the people responsible for his death. Hopefully with Texas law they put the guys lights out.

Member since 2003, Mustang Steve has always been my homepage. 67 FastBack..Future engine is currently my coffee table

6/16/2023 7:47 PM  #24

Quicksilver wrote:

We also lost another guy tragically to a murder. I wish I could remember his name? He was one of the good guys here and had just finished his car. I always wondered if they ever caught the people responsible for his death. Hopefully with Texas law they put the guys lights out.

Yikes! First I've heard this story. Anyone know the facts to it?

Bob. 69 Mach 1, 393W, SMOD Toploader, Armstrong  steering, factory AC.

6/16/2023 10:33 PM  #25

Quicksilver wrote:

I cant remember the name but he was getting robbed and they shot him he came to first bash, Steve may remember the name. I am thinking Mark or Lance.

Last edited by BILLY WALTON from GEORGIA (6/16/2023 10:34 PM)

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.