FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/16/2023 10:59 PM  #26

Re: How long have you been an FYI er??

I don’t remember the year, I recall the format changed less than a year after I found it.

I had the 65 and an 86 GT convertible (5 speed) at the same time in early 90’s.  I dreamed of having the drivetrain from the 86 in the 65….the 86 was sold before that happened.  I thought about the cable clutch setup for years, as well as the EFI.
Glad I waited…ok life happened…for 25 years before making changes.

MS incorporated many changes I had considered over the years.  (cable clutch, Cobra brakes, T5 transmission)

The Ft Walton Bash was going to be my first bash, couldn’t get time off due to work projects.

Following year there was major flood damage in our area and a wedding I had to attend since I was the groom.

Sweet 16 was my first Bash, my wife had to work last minute notice and told me to go have fun.

6/16/2023 11:39 PM  #27

I always wonder what happened to Bo Lasquis and his Mustang called Bo Stang. He was in the Seattle area.

1964-1/2 D Code Coupe - 289 V8, 4 Speed Toploader, 3.00 ratio rear, Autolite 4100 Carb, 15" tires, Pertronix ignition

6/16/2023 11:43 PM  #28

BILLY WALTON from GEORGIA wrote:

2002  is when I joined up....and attended the first bash by airplane in 2004 first time and only time on a plane too.
I drove 750 miles one way to the 2nd bash  one had only put 50 mile on car since total rotissirie build.

Yeah, you used to be the POR 15 king there Billy 😆

1964-1/2 D Code Coupe - 289 V8, 4 Speed Toploader, 3.00 ratio rear, Autolite 4100 Carb, 15" tires, Pertronix ignition

6/17/2023 1:12 AM  #29

BILLY WALTON from GEORGIA wrote:

Quicksilver wrote:

We also lost another guy tragically to a murder. I wish I could remember his name? He was one of the good guys here and had just finished his car. I always wondered if they ever caught the people responsible for his death. Hopefully with Texas law they put the guys lights out.

I cant remember the name but he was getting robbed and they shot him he came to first bash, Steve may remember the name. I am thinking Mark or Lance.

I remember the story about him getting murdered when he was getting his truck stolen. I think his name here was Tonkatoy of something like that.

68 coupe - 351W, 4R70W, 9" 3.25 -- 65 convertible - 289 4v, C4, 8" 3.00

6/17/2023 1:16 AM  #30

Toploader wrote:

I always wonder what happened to Bo Lasquis and his Mustang called Bo Stang. He was in the Seattle area.

He was active for a while with our club, Mustangs Northwest, but we lost track of him. Bo Lasquis wasn't his real name, but time and old age has made me forget what it was. That was around the time Bradster was an active poster here and he also lived up here in the Seattle area.

6/17/2023 6:01 AM  #31

I acquired my coupe off fleabay in the fall of 2011. The previous owner had told me about the forum. I don't remember when i joined exactly, butt i had a lot of questions answered by just lurking for awhile. I think around the time of the Tomball bash i joined and then rejoined the new forum.
Waited too long to come to my first bash.

67 Coupe, 5.0 EEC IV Fuel injected. T5, 3:70 rear

6/17/2023 6:42 AM  #32

Here's a picture of the 2004 Bash t-shirt that I also still have:

My story is that I joined in 2000 after I had bought what is now the Phoenix Project '67 coupe. 

6/17/2023 7:03 AM  #33

Ron68 wrote:

Toploader wrote:

He was active for a while with our club, Mustangs Northwest, but we lost track of him. Bo Lasquis wasn't his real name, but time and old age has made me forget what it was. That was around the time Bradster was an active poster here and he also lived up here in the Seattle area.

His real name was Mark... I lost track of him too. Hopefully he's doing well and Bo Stang is still cruising.

6/17/2023 2:19 PM  #34

Hakan wrote:

Here's a picture of the 2004 Bash t-shirt that I also still have:

My story is that I joined in 2000 after I had bought what is now the Phoenix Project '67 coupe. 

Alotta those names  I forgot about over the years.........to bad

FWIW......most ALL those fellas  usta post nearly every day !!!!! We had a really big group of guyz.
6sally6

Get busy Liv'in or get busy Die'n....Host of the 2020 Bash at the Beach/The only Bash that got cancelled  )8

6/17/2023 5:15 PM  #35

Sometimes life has a habit of getting in the way.🤬
No time for a summer friend
No time for the love you send
Seasons change and so did I
You need not wonder why
You need not wonder why
There's no time left for you
No time left for you
No time, no time, no time, no time
I got, got, got, got no time

Good work ain't cheap, Cheap work ain't good!   Simple Man

6/17/2023 8:20 PM  #36

What happened to Ultrastang?

6/18/2023 1:27 AM  #37

Toploader wrote:

What happened to Ultrastang?

Ultrastang = Steve Ainsworth. It's been a few years for sure. His site is gone. Last thing we heard from him was he had a pickup and that he had just gotten a 4R70W transmission for it that he was going to rebuild and install in that truck.

6/18/2023 6:47 AM  #38

I talked with Mr Secretary a few months ago.  He moved from Tx to Arkansas years ago.  He still has his 70 fastback that he has owned since brand new. But, he put it in storage about twenty years ago due to a minor electrical problem.  “Going to dig it out and restore it once he retires”.  He and his wife are the ones that made those first bash t-shirts. The idea to do so never occurred to me.

Money you enjoy wasting is NOT wasted money... unless your wife finds out.

6/19/2023 2:34 PM  #39

It must have been around 2004 - 2005 for me. Maybe earlier, maybe later - I don't really remember.

I found this board when I was thinking about selling my '68 because it lacked all of the modern conveniences - power disc brakes, power steering, power windows, etc. A friend of mine at the time told me that all those things could be retrofitted if I wanted to spend the time to do it, so I started surfing the web and landed here. I haven't posted much, just absorbed the accumulated knowledge. I appreciate the true community feel of this board - I'm not aware of many other discussion boards that regularly meet in person. One day, I hope to join you all.

Thanks MS!

6/19/2023 7:31 PM  #40

I don't remember exactly when I joined, but it was early on - 2000-2001.  Can't remember why either.  I started out as "steve", but there began to be all kinds of steves, so I changed it.  Very creatively don't you think? :-).  

Original owner - 351w,T-5, 4whl disks, power R&P

6/20/2023 3:47 PM  #41

Rudi wrote:

You need not wonder why
You need not wonder why
No time left for you

Rascals or Grassroots
I jioned when ever had a issue with oil pressure on new engine. Found I left off freeze plug back top of block. Thought it was a machine/inspection point

6/20/2023 4:27 PM  #42

mjacobs wrote:

Rudi wrote:

You need not wonder why
You need not wonder why
No time left for you

Rascals or Grassroots
I jioned when ever had a issue with oil pressure on new engine. Found I left off freeze plug back top of block. Thought it was a machine/inspection point

Nope. The Guess Who from Canada

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.