FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/17/2013 9:18 PM  #26

Re: Drip rail repair

Here is the heart of the cooling system for the 427 Keith Craft stroker that will be going in my 67 Fastback.  This is the Griffin Big Block radiator with two 1.25" cores suppose to cool up to 800 hp and I mounted a set of dual electric fans from late model taurus.  I uses some small aluminum angle to mount the fans so i didnt even have to drill any holes at all to mount it.  I still need to figure out what kind of controller I will use to turn fans on. i will hook up an overide switch so I can turn them on anytime I want as well as a a.c. switch to kick it on when the air comes on.

11/17/2013 9:35 PM  #27

Got a pic of the Alum. angle mount?
I used a 160* sensor screwed into top of intake..... from sensor to on/off relay. I wired in a switch to ground the sensor for manual over-ride.
6sal6

Get busy Liv'in or get busy Die'n....Host of the 2020 Bash at the Beach/The only Bash that got cancelled  )8

11/17/2013 10:03 PM  #28

6Sally6 I will see if I can get you a couple pics of the brackets.  Basically I tooks some aluminum angle from home depot and put one side of it on the inside of the fan shroud and drilled some holes and bolted throught the shroud and angle. That gave be a piece that was parallel to the lip on the radiator and I just drilled holes in the angle that lined up with the holed already in the radiator for mounting a shroud.  I have a littl air gap between the shroud and the radiator so I plan to find a rubber seal of some sort to eliminate that so all the air has to come through the radiator.  If I cant find a good seal I may just take some black rubber line from windshield washer hose and cut a slit in it and slide it over the edge and maybe use a littl black rtv to help keep it in place.

11/18/2013 1:12 PM  #29

I used the same Griffin radiator on my 427 66 fastback.  It cools very well with the 74 Maverick flex fan.  If you really want to control the two fans electrically, when you buy your MSD ATOMIC EFI you will be gladly surprised it has TWO fan signal wires that can be used and each can be programmed individually for whatever temperature you want them to come off and on.

See related Ford Flex woes.

Money you enjoy wasting is NOT wasted money... unless your wife finds out.

11/18/2013 5:48 PM  #30

MS did I miss something?  did you install the msd fuel injection on your 66?

If so give me a run down on it.  I really like what i have seen and read on the new Fast EZ efi 2.0 but it dont come cheap.

11/18/2013 8:52 PM  #31

Todays update. just posting that is I did this earlier this year.

Both trunk panels had some issues and needed repairing or replacing so i opted to replace.

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.