FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/18/2013 1:34 PM  #1

Makes me wonder why I evern bother selling any items on EBAY

I sold a Mercedes Radio I had up in my Attic.  It worked and everything was ok with it.  So I post it on EBAY and this guy asks if I could put a Buy on it and said sure.   So I did that for him.   Then he comes back and says you know I didn't see you had $13.00 for Shipping can you adjust it to free shipping.   I told him no but I reduce the shipping to $6.99.   So he was ok with that.   So I put a Buy on it and $6.99 shipping.    Its sold to a person in Florida.    He emails me says he cant buy it for some reason.  I said to him I sold the radio to you.  It was a Kristine from Florida.   He starts blasting me that I sold his radio on him.   I told him he should just bought the it instead of nickle and diming me on the shipping...LOL.   So this Kristine said she had bought the radio in error.  So I told him the transaction was cancelled and the item was back up.  This all took place in a 2 hour time period.  He buys the item i send it to him.    He receives it and leaves me a Negative Feedback.  This is what he says.  BEWARE Seller was unethical and bad-mannered - not doing business with him again.   So I had 100% 378 positive feedback prior to this and have been buying and selling since 2003.   I contacted EBAY to have it removed and they wont do anything.  They say I have to have the Seller retract the feedback which he wont do.   As a seller you cant leave a buyer negative feedback.    So Im screwed.  EBAY fees are 10% and then you have paypal fees.  Im ready to go back to craigslist selling and say the hell with EBAY.  I understand protecting the Buyers but this overboard.  As a seller who pays EBAY you sure think they would offer some protection for these Jack Wagons that bid on items.  I had 2 non payers last week and I just let it go.  I've never left anyone a negative feedback as a buyer or seller.    Sorry just had to vent...  Steve69

11/18/2013 1:46 PM  #2

Re: Makes me wonder why I evern bother selling any items on EBAY

Your first mistake was dealing with him to begin with.  You should have just ignored his plea on price and shipping.

11/18/2013 2:16 PM  #3

Ebp should back you up depends on the office that delt with your call the transactions you do on their are Meagan binding so you don't have to cancel it. Sorry for the problem man I had a problem before ebp it was a pain in the caboose.

11/18/2013 2:21 PM  #4

You can go in a post follow-up feedback in reply to his.  I guess the best you can hope for now is the radio quits working.  That sale makes a statement about those who are driving Mercede Benz.

I must say this about ebay and Mustang customers.  I have been selling since 2000 and have only had two negative sales that I can recall.  The Mustang community is generally composed of good, honest folks.  The first one was a customer that said he never received his cobra brackets even when I had a USPS delivery receipt saying he did.  Since it was not SIGNATURE REQUIRED, ebay/paypal sided with the customer and I lost out on over $200.

Just the other week, I sold some front brackets for a Mustang II spindle to BOBS FORD PARTS.  He said they would not bolt up to his spindles and I had welded the support bracket in the wrong place.  I explained the brackets are bolted solid to an ORIGINAL Mustang II spindle while they are welded, so there is no way they can be "off" from the factory pattern.  I had heard from another customer a month ago with the same problem.  Turns out his MADE IN CHINA spindles do not match up with the real bolt pattern. Now, this BOBS FORD PARTS guy posts on his feedback that the bracket was welded in the wrong place and he had to cut it off and reweld it.  And this was after we had discussed the reason WHY he was having the problem he was having.  That got my blood boiling.  Now, I need to go find that link to post follow-up feedback myself...

And I almost want to go buy some stuff from him just to post feedback on his store.

Money you enjoy wasting is NOT wasted money... unless your wife finds out.

11/18/2013 3:08 PM  #5

I can say from a buyer's perspective that if I am looking at someone's auctions and I see 378 good and 1 bad review I will still buy from you. I think most people would think this way as well. I also like it when a seller responds with their side of the story to a neg. feedback. That usually seperates the good and bad. I think the worst thing a seller can do is post some rude, poorly worded response that actually reinforces the bad rating. No worries about that with you guys

11/18/2013 3:35 PM  #6

I should of just blocked the guy after the deal fell though originally.   So what would be a good reply to his negative feedback?   I have so much to say but very little room to say it...LOL.   I need something short, effective and to the point.  I think Im sticking to ford and Mustang parts after this MS...LOL

Steve69

Last edited by Steve69 (11/18/2013 3:37 PM)

11/18/2013 3:43 PM  #7

Agree wit Boomyal. The worst thing you can do is haggle with somone because the haggling never ends, Once you do the flood gates are open! They'll nit pick you untill you pay them to go away.

It's hard to type "funny"

11/18/2013 3:47 PM  #8

I would keep it factual and not attack the buyer.  ITEM WAS SHIPPED EXACTLY AS BUYER DIRECTED.  No one can argue with that, especially since he cannot add any further feedback.

11/18/2013 6:01 PM  #9

How about......."Ignore buyer's complaint.....he's a turd."
6s6

Get busy Liv'in or get busy Die'n....Host of the 2020 Bash at the Beach/The only Bash that got cancelled  )8

11/18/2013 6:42 PM  #10

6sally6 wrote:

How about......."Ignore buyer's complaint.....he's a turd."
6s6

Yeah, sal... I guess that would be factual as well.

11/18/2013 7:36 PM  #11

LOL!  Funny you say Turd because that's the first thing that came to mind for a response.   But like MS says you don't want to rip on the Buyer but it sure would make me feel good...LOL

Steve69

11/18/2013 8:56 PM  #12

MustangSteve, you made me curious about Mr Bob of Bobs Ford Parts on eBay, so I looked at his site. He has received 101 negative feedbacks in the LAST TWELVE MONTHS.

11/18/2013 9:05 PM  #13

bobsfordparts is the seller name.  He shows 100% positive feedback.  Maybe there is another one?

11/19/2013 5:03 AM  #14

I learned a long time ago working in a gas station, when it come to dealing with the public, you can't please everyone. There is always some jerk out there trying to get something for nothing. The first time I went to sell something on e-bay I read their policy. It was so biased for the buyer, I decided not to. With a business I understand it opens more doors for you and you just have to deal with people like that. Maybe make a reply as such "I feel I did every thing proper to complete this deal, can you please state why you are not satisfied." Even though he can not respond it gives others the impression you are trying to do the right thing.

If this forum can't fix it, it isn't broke.

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.