FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/04/2023 1:03 PM  #51

Re: Can’t stand it any more

Rudi wrote:

People that pronounce the word important, impordant .
Englishmen that can’t say the letter”a” ending any word. Eg, Honder instead of Honda.

There's a great line in the film Snatch from the late, great Dennis Farina where he says "Speak English to me Tony.  I thought your country spawned the #$%ing language, and so far nobody seems to speak it."

8/04/2023 1:17 PM  #52

Mr. MS,
May I continue to refer to all of you by Y'all
Cuz i am from Nuawlins and we make slaying the language an art form.
Cman

8/04/2023 2:18 PM  #53

MS wrote:

Greg B wrote:

If it's hanging lose off your car, you may loose it going down the road. 
You do realize that is wrong, right?

Favorite Missouri speak:    Warsh the dishes.

Of cores idid.   You do get my generation growed up watchin school house rock, right.

Seriously, sarcasm was the absolute last thing I learned to understand. 

Ok now no more intentional misspellings from me. 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=X74j1wK_sa0&pp=ygUXZW5nbGlzaCBsYW5ndWFnZSBjb21lZHk%3D

Last edited by Greg B (8/04/2023 2:31 PM)

If multiple things can go wrong, the one that will go wrong will be the one that causes the most damage.

8/04/2023 3:58 PM  #54

cman66 wrote:

Mr. MS,
Cman

huh!
Maybe I be from NOLA !?!
6sally6

Get busy Liv'in or get busy Die'n....Host of the 2020 Bash at the Beach/The only Bash that got cancelled  )8

8/04/2023 4:22 PM  #55

Gary Zilik - Pine Junction, Colorado - 67 Coupe, 289-4V, T5

8/04/2023 5:02 PM  #56

Isnt lose when a bolt is only semi tight and loose is like when a bolt was not impacted on "Bit#hin Rides" or is loose like the word used By Chip Foose for when something falls right outta place. Whoops. Hehe LMAO

8/05/2023 4:49 AM  #57

cman66 wrote:

Mr. MS,
Cman

So long as it doesn't become " all y'all", which is redundant, sure.  Interestingly when I was learning Spanish my first teacher explained "vosotros" as meaning y'all.  Its an obscure 2nd person plural only used in Spain to the best of my knowledge.  Its probably not even taught anymore, as it makes little sense to learn verb conjugations for 5-8 verb tenses you likely will never use. 

8/05/2023 4:56 AM  #58

RV6 wrote:

That reminds me of some of the absolute terrible spelling and word use I've seen in ads for cars and trucks over the years.  I remember one vehicle being described as having "duel" exhaust.  Not sure what that is, but it sounds interesting.  I'm guessing there's an Alexander Hamilton pipe and an Aaron Burr pipe and they just go at it.

I saw a truck described as being a "disil" once too.  Can't remember if the D was capitalized or not.  I remember thinking, you bought fuel for this truck while you owned it, how did you miss the proper spelling of the word Diesel?  I could forgive it not being capitalized if the spelling was right.  A lot of people probably don't know its the last name of the guy who invented the Diesel engine. 

8/05/2023 6:37 AM  #59

Saw an ad in our local years ago for a Worn Wench.  I passed that one by.

"you get what you pay for, good work isn't cheap, and there are NO free lunches...PERIOD!"

8/05/2023 12:12 PM  #60

TKOPerformance wrote:

cman66 wrote:

Mr. MS,
Cman

So long as it doesn't become " all y'all", which is redundant, sure.  Interestingly when I was learning Spanish my first teacher explained "vosotros" as meaning y'all.  Its an obscure 2nd person plural only used in Spain to the best of my knowledge.  Its probably not even taught anymore, as it makes little sense to learn verb conjugations for 5-8 verb tenses you likely will never use. 

Time to get edumicated. Notwithstanding any English teacher,  y'all is singular, all y'all is plural. You're welcome.

Bob. 69 Mach 1, 393W, SMOD Toploader, Armstrong  steering, factory AC.

8/05/2023 1:37 PM  #61

Aler-Bammer talk........All-UH-y'all  means:  the whole group.
    'ight ?!
6s6

Get busy Liv'in or get busy Die'n....Host of the 2020 Bash at the Beach/The only Bash that got cancelled  )8

8/05/2023 2:50 PM  #62

MS wrote:

So, can we all agree to post using the correct words?

If you’re posting and find that your word is incorrect, don’t lose your mind, and don’t let the wrong word get loose and wind up on the forum. Go get some strawberry shortcake dessert in preparation for your drive across the desert. Proper spelling is a sign of intelligence. Improper spelling being an indicator of lack thereof. It is the principle of the thing. Make your elementary school principal proud that they actually taught you something

Do it right when you write it.

Best speller of the year will win a coupon for a free Jack-in-the-box taco.

MS – you’d make that manager I spoke about very happy!
As my career progressed and I started writing, and reviewing, work procedures, reports, etc., I always said that I’ve got to go back to my 11th grade English teacher (who I had told that I didn’t have any use for English) that she was right (never did go back to her).  I often stay a thank you to Bill Gates and his staff for ‘spell’ and ‘grammar’ check!

65 Fastback, 351W, 5-speed, 4 wheel discs, 9" rear,  R&C Front End.

8/05/2023 8:10 PM  #63

Stay away from Southwest PA, we'll drive you nuts the way we butcher the English language. Only place that says yinz instead of you or y'all. Got the letter 'h' at the end of 'burg' (Pittsburgh). I'm probably one of the biggest offenders. The English language was derived from so many other languages how does anyone keep track of what is right. I was a math guy growing up, only one right answer. I could calculate my purchase price with tax before I was 10. My pet peeve is kids today get confused if I buy something for $12.23 and give them $15 then a quarter. They can't make change if they already plugged $15 in the cash register. Sometimes I do it for fun. Overall, with all the problems in the world I guess this is all just petty. Good thing I have spell and grammar checker to get me close. 

If this forum can't fix it, it isn't broke.

8/06/2023 6:33 AM  #64

I think the autocorrect is responsible for alot of this stuff.  But not sal’s!

I can stand it when I know it is on purpose, just not when it is stupid and I can tell the person just doesn’t know.

A new one I see alot… that is defiantly a pretty blue car.  (Could not spell definitely).

Money you enjoy wasting is NOT wasted money... unless your wife finds out.

8/06/2023 7:29 AM  #65

MS wrote:

I think the autocorrect is responsible for alot of this stuff. But not sal’s!

I can stand it when I know it is on purpose, just not when it is stupid and I can tell the person just doesn’t know.

A new one I see alot… that is defiantly a pretty blue car. (Could not spell definitely).

Hey, maybe its a defiantly blue car.  Not sure what its defying, but it could be defying something.

8/06/2023 7:30 AM  #66

Bearing Bob wrote:

TKOPerformance wrote:

cman66 wrote:

Mr. MS,
Cman

Time to get edumicated. Notwithstanding any English teacher, y'all is singular, all y'all is plural. You're welcome.

I thought it was spelled "edjimicated", my bad. 

8/06/2023 7:51 AM  #67

MS wrote:

I think the autocorrect is responsible for alot of this stuff. But not sal’s!

A new one I see alot… that is defiantly a pretty blue car. (Could not spell definitely).

The defiantly vs. definitely is one of my wife’s pet peeves. 
Another is “I could of …”, instead of “I could have …”. 

65 Fastback, 351W, 5-speed, 4 wheel discs, 9" rear,  R&C Front End.

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.