FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/22/2023 5:06 PM  #1

Honored a great friend today.

Lisa and I arrived in St. Ignace michigan on Thursday and attended Josh kabob's memorial today.  His sister told us about a banner they had put up to honor him. 
LT COL Josh M Soblaskey fly high my friend

Last edited by terry (9/22/2023 5:07 PM)

9/22/2023 5:39 PM  #2

Re: Honored a great friend today.

RIP Josh. Thank you for your service and your friendship to all on this board.

68 coupe - 351W, 4R70W, 9" 3.25 -- 65 convertible - 289 4v, C4, 8" 3.00

9/22/2023 6:21 PM  #3

Very nice!

1966, vert, Installing a new 347, 5 speed, 4 wheel disc, pb, 3.70 LS 9", epas

9/22/2023 10:24 PM  #4

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of EarthAnd danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;Sunward I’ve climbed, and joined the tumbling mirthof sun-split clouds, – and done a hundred thingsYou have not dreamed of – wheeled and soared and swungHigh in the sunlit silence. Hov’ring there,I’ve chased the shouting wind along, and flungMy eager craft through footless halls of air . . . Up, up the long, delirious, burning blueI’ve topped the wind-swept heights with easy graceWhere never lark nor even eagle flew –And, while with silent lifting mind I’ve trodThe high untrespassed sanctity of space,Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.

Thanks Josh for your service and friendship

70, ragtop 351W/416 stroker Edel Performer heads w pro flow 4, Comp roller 35-421-8. T5

9/22/2023 11:09 PM  #5

Really wish I could'a been there ......

"Those telephone poles were like a picket fence"

9/22/2023 11:12 PM  #6

Outstanding tribute.

Bob. 69 Mach 1, 393W, SMOD Toploader, Armstrong  steering, factory AC.

9/23/2023 7:30 AM  #7

That is an outstanding tribute to an outstanding American and awesome guy and a great friend to everyone he knew!     Rest in peace.

Last edited by Greg B (9/23/2023 7:30 AM)

If multiple things can go wrong, the one that will go wrong will be the one that causes the most damage.

9/23/2023 9:58 AM  #8

That is really nice 

Its really me....I fixed my caps lock .

9/23/2023 1:58 PM  #9

Never would have known what he looked like if not for that, so thanks. 

9/23/2023 6:24 PM  #10

TKOPerformance wrote:

Never would have known what he looked like if not for that, so thanks. 

I almost didn't recognize that AF pic. This is how I knew JKB.

Bob. 69 Mach 1, 393W, SMOD Toploader, Armstrong  steering, factory AC.

9/23/2023 6:57 PM  #11

I really miss him already.  We had a lot of laughs together.  Took a road trip to Havasu City, AZ to gather up some Mustang parts a few years back.  Joked and laughed all the way there and back.  Gonna miss my friend so much.  Thank you Terry and Lisa. 

Bob

"you get what you pay for, good work isn't cheap, and there are NO free lunches...PERIOD!"

9/23/2023 8:47 PM  #12

Truly a very good friend. RIP

Money you enjoy wasting is NOT wasted money... unless your wife finds out.

9/24/2023 6:08 AM  #13

An amazing person who will be missed by many.

9/24/2023 7:18 AM  #14

That is the perfect picture that i remember of Josh. Only got to meet him a couple of times but he left a lasting impression.

67 Coupe, 5.0 EEC IV Fuel injected. T5, 3:70 rear

9/24/2023 4:40 PM  #15

What a great guy. I still can’t believe he’s gone.

Gary Zilik - Pine Junction, Colorado - 67 Coupe, 289-4V, T5

9/25/2023 3:14 PM  #16

Very nice tribute to Josh.  I enlisted a year prior.  I give him full props for making it 30 years.  

9/26/2023 6:23 AM  #17

Josh was the first person that welcomed Mike and I to the first bash we attended in Illinois  . 2009 I think it was, great guy will truly be missed..

9/26/2023 8:25 AM  #18

9/26/2023 10:44 AM  #19

Nuff said.

HudginJ3 wrote:

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of EarthAnd danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;Sunward I’ve climbed, and joined the tumbling mirthof sun-split clouds, – and done a hundred thingsYou have not dreamed of – wheeled and soared and swungHigh in the sunlit silence. Hov’ring there,I’ve chased the shouting wind along, and flungMy eager craft through footless halls of air . . . Up, up the long, delirious, burning blueI’ve topped the wind-swept heights with easy graceWhere never lark nor even eagle flew –And, while with silent lifting mind I’ve trodThe high untrespassed sanctity of space,Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.

Thanks Josh for your service and friendship

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.