FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/25/2023 1:59 PM  #1

Missing the Bash

It pains me (literally) to tell all that the Zilik's will not be able to make the bash. I canceled hotel reservations this morning. I hated to do that.

The issue. Middle of June I started having sciatica pain. By mid August it was getting worse. August 29 X-rays showed nothing. Sept 3 MRI showed the problem. A cyst in the L4-L5 region pressing on the spinal cord.

Procedure to deflate cyst and inject good stuff is this Thursday.

Have a great Bash

Gary Zilik - Pine Junction, Colorado - 67 Coupe, 289-4V, T5

9/25/2023 2:56 PM  #2

Re: Missing the Bash

Prayers for a speedy and complete recovery.  Back stuff is always concerning.  My L5 has two stress fractures in it I've been living with for almost 30 years. 

9/25/2023 4:37 PM  #3

Going to miss you. Hope everything turns out all right. 

67 Coupe, 5.0 EEC IV Fuel injected. T5, 3:70 rear

9/25/2023 5:22 PM  #4

Sorry to hear that Gary ... was looking forward to catching up with you.
One of the Bashes I've missed was cos I was recovering from a microdiscectomy,
Sciatic problems are not nice.
Hope it's !00% succesful.

Last edited by 50vert (9/25/2023 5:23 PM)

"Those telephone poles were like a picket fence"

9/25/2023 5:24 PM  #5

Y’all will be missed. Prayers for a speedy recovery.

John  -- 67 Mustang Coupe 390 5 speed

9/25/2023 5:29 PM  #6

Get well soon y’all will be missed

9/25/2023 5:30 PM  #7

Get well soon y’all will be missed pray all is well

9/25/2023 5:31 PM  #8

You will be missed.  But take care of yourself.

9/25/2023 6:44 PM  #9

Hope you get to feeling better.

Its really me....I fixed my caps lock .

9/26/2023 3:24 PM  #10

Sorry to hear that Gary. It’s not go to be as lively with out you

70, ragtop 351W/416 stroker Edel Performer heads w pro flow 4, Comp roller 35-421-8. T5

9/26/2023 5:47 PM  #11

Bummer that you can't make it to the Bash, and bummer that you have to undergo the surgical procedure on your back. We could have talked airplanes.....Anyway "Hope you get well like a bat outta Hell!"

68 coupe - 351W, 4R70W, 9" 3.25 -- 65 convertible - 289 4v, C4, 8" 3.00

9/26/2023 8:10 PM  #12

Wait you mean I am not going to get my yearly dose of Chris Farley impersonations from you?
Matt Foley: Van Down By The River - SNL - YouTube

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.