FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/14/2013 9:03 PM  #1

Sent the 66 off to get it painted yesterday

The 66 F-100, that is...  I figure that thing is in such terrible shape that anything they put on it will be a huge improvement.  I am using a one-man shop where the owner does all his own work and is pickier than I am .  I gave him a deadline of Christmas.  He called this morning and said he had the new floors in it already...

Can't wait to get it back anbd start reassembling.

Also, Murphy got me when I was getting it out into the driveway for the flatbed truck to pick it up.  I was using a big hydraulic jack under the front Crown Vic crossmember to turn the truck 90 degrees.  Jack slipped off and caught the oil pan and poked a hole in it.  NOW is when I am glad I used one of those new Fel-Pro one piece silicone gaskets with no sealer on it.  We'll see how it comes off and goes back on.  Meantime, I told him to just drain the oil since it is nowhere close to running anyway.

Looking for best shade of turquoise/aqua to use on the truck.  It will have bright white on top half above the chrome strip and turquoise on bottom half.  Final ride height will be about 4" lower than this picture shows.

Money you enjoy wasting is NOT wasted money... unless your wife finds out.

11/14/2013 9:24 PM  #2

Re: Sent the 66 off to get it painted yesterday

lookin good MS!!!!!

11/14/2013 9:25 PM  #3

That's going to be a very cool ride. I'm diggin the color choice.

"anyone that stops learning is old, whether at twenty or eighty"Henry Ford

11/14/2013 9:33 PM  #4

What...no mastercrap?

'66 Fastback since July 27, 1981. Springtime Yellow, originally a 200 cu in, 4 speed. Also a '92 LX Coupe, 5.0, 5 speed.

11/14/2013 9:56 PM  #5

Can't wait to see it. Maybe he can do mine too.

11/14/2013 10:02 PM  #6

I think it looks pretty cool the way it sits without paint.

Steve69

11/15/2013 1:02 AM  #7

I like it, MS - great job so far. Can't wait to see how it will haul a load of gravel or beauty bark or manure for the garden, right? (I'm betting that most of your hauling will be a**. )

68 coupe - 351W, 4R70W, 9" 3.25 -- 65 convertible - 289 4v, C4, 8" 3.00

11/15/2013 6:52 AM  #8

Nice truck, no clearence problems with headers, clutch linkages, steering boxes, probably a breath of fresh air to work on that baby. 

I made enough money to buy Miami, but pissed it away so fast

11/15/2013 7:29 PM  #9

Farming out the paint sounds like a great idea.  I didn't realize how much work it was going to be. It was fun, but brutal! 

Check out the 60's Ford colors.    http://www.google.com/search?q=66+F100+turquoise

My color is 50's Meadow Green

Can't wait to see how it turns out!

Last edited by jerryF (11/15/2013 7:32 PM)

jerry

11/15/2013 8:47 PM  #10

63 Ford Peacock Blue

If it ain't broke, I haven't modified it Yet

11/15/2013 8:50 PM  #11

I'm really dig it now... can't wait to see it finished.

11/15/2013 9:22 PM  #12

Tubo wrote:

63 Ford Peacock Blue

That peacock blue is just about identical to the page you are looking at right now... How fitting...

11/15/2013 9:31 PM  #13

MustangSteve wrote:

Looking for best shade of turquoise/aqua to use on the truck.  It will have bright white on top half above the chrome strip and turquoise on bottom half. 

Growing up we had a family friend that had a highly customized turquoise 56 Ford PU that he used as his daily driver for over 20 years. So, I am partial to turquoise early Ford PU's.

11/15/2013 9:37 PM  #14

Will need to see this and Peacock blue side by side to make a determination.  This is Nassau blue.

11/15/2013 11:44 PM  #15

I'm gonna be buying a 69 high boy I'm gonna go mine green I'm doing it boxwood green you might like it if your not set on blue though I do love blue

11/16/2013 2:02 PM  #16

Gulf Stream Aqua, has my vote.

1968 Coupe 289 C-4 Dave

11/16/2013 5:17 PM  #17

Either Tahoe Torquoise or the color of the 56 Chevy(which looks great)   jmho

66 Vert.  4.6 DOHC, 4R70 Auto, Heidt's M2 frontend

11/23/2013 10:54 PM  #18

It's nice seeing your truck again.  I keep going to the main page to see updates, but hadn't seen any?
I'm really a fan of Ford trucks, as i've had several, although they're usually 79's w/ square light.

11/24/2013 12:32 AM  #19

This is 63 Ford Peacock Blue!!

If it ain't broke, I haven't modified it Yet

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.