FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/07/2024 8:48 PM  #1

2024 Bash Tours.

Please let me know if I need to post this in the Bash forum. If anyone would like to tour Highway 1 (Pacific Coast Highway "PCH") from Huntington Beach or Morro Bay to Monterey or perhaps Bodega Bay, or a tour through Death Valley, please contact me or post up. If you are traveling from afar, I suggest you consider at least PCH as it is a classic California drive. Rain in October in coastal California can be hit or miss, most of the time it is a miss. If there is interest in both, I will do both. If there is interest in one, I will do one.

Logistics will need to be worked out, so it would be important to plan these tours well ahead of the Bash date.

1/08/2024 11:47 AM  #2

Re: 2024 Bash Tours.

WOW !.... you sound like really good guy !
6sally6

Get busy Liv'in or get busy Die'n....Host of the 2020 Bash at the Beach/The only Bash that got cancelled  )8

1/08/2024 12:24 PM  #3

Might want to check to see if the Hwy 1 is still closed Half way from Morro to Monterey, Had to close it due to mud slides. You can drive it to Limpkiln then turn around and go back. Could stop and see the great Sea Lions though by Cambria. Lots of things to do and see up here while cruzen  in your pony. .

Member since 2003, Mustang Steve has always been my homepage. 67 FastBack..Future engine is currently my coffee table

1/08/2024 2:12 PM  #4

Quicksilver wrote:

Might want to check to see if the Hwy 1 is still closed Half way from Morro to Monterey, Had to close it due to mud slides. You can drive it to Limpkiln then turn around and go back. Could stop and see the great Sea Lions though by Cambria. Lots of things to do and see up here while cruzen  in your pony. .

Fixed it for you:

You can drive it to Limekiln State Park then turn around and go back.

Cliff Claven little known fact about Limekiln, it was a private park owned by Sam Walton of Walmart fame until he died. His wife and children gave it to the State to avoid paying death taxes on it. Carry on.

Last edited by RPM, aka Bearing Bob (1/08/2024 5:43 PM)

Bob. 69 Mach 1, 393W, SMOD Toploader, Armstrong  steering, factory AC.

1/08/2024 2:21 PM  #5

I drove that HWY all the way north from LA back in late 90s on my Harley, it was a beautifly drive. We ended up in Carmel then when inland to Gilroy. Wantted to do the 17 miracle mile drive at Carmel but they wouldnt let motorcyles on it.

Last edited by Cab4word67 (1/08/2024 2:26 PM)

Slammed Big Blue, ran over the varmints that messed with the Stang. Now all is good in the NW

1/08/2024 2:38 PM  #6

Quicksilver wrote:

Most recent news I have is that Hwy 1 should reopen late spring 2024. Of course, that could change, but might as well start planning.

1/08/2024 2:41 PM  #7

Cab4word67 wrote:

I drove that HWY all the way north from LA back in late 90s on my Harley, it was a beautifly drive. We ended up in Carmel then when inland to Gilroy. Wantted to do the 17 miracle mile drive at Carmel but they wouldnt let motorcyles on it.

November 2022, rode a Harley/Triumph southbound from Jenner to San Luis Obispo and would do it again.

1/08/2024 11:12 PM  #8

I've Driven that road at least a dozen times and could do it again; either way.  Starting in Santa Monica and going all the way to SF is the most rewarding.  Plan two days or maybe three.  Hearst Castle is a must see, as well as Big Sur/Carmel/Monterey

I have not heard the latest about the road closure. 

Original owner - 351w,T-5, 4whl disks, power R&P

1/09/2024 9:09 AM  #9

This sounds very interesting

Money you enjoy wasting is NOT wasted money... unless your wife finds out.

1/09/2024 10:13 AM  #10

1/09/2024 6:24 PM  #11

Sounds like a nice drive.  Did it back in the early 70s.  The wife wants to go to Sequoia National Forest.

1/09/2024 6:30 PM  #12

Steve-G wrote:

Sounds like a nice drive.  Did it back in the early 70s.  The wife wants to go to Sequoia National Forest.

Let’s do it

1/09/2024 9:23 PM  #13

Both Sequoia NP and the hwy 1 drive are well worth it. I wouldn't  drive 1,500 miles and not visit Yosemite.

1/09/2024 9:44 PM  #14

RPM, aka Bearing Bob wrote:

Both Sequoia NP and the hwy 1 drive are well worth it. I wouldn't drive 1,500 miles and not visit Yosemite.

Another excellent destination approximately 170 miles from Bakersfield. A route could be through Yosemite to Tioga Pass to 395 south, then taking the west entrance into Death Valley via 190, exiting Death Valley via 127 to Baker. I don't know the total mileage of this route and would need to map it out.

There are many options and because I live in California , I would defer to those who are traveling to choose what they would like to see.

1/10/2024 6:18 AM  #15

Both Sequoia NP and the hwy 1 drive are well worth it. I wouldn't drive 1,500 miles and not visit Yosemite.

One of the best things about our place in Mammoth Lakes, is that Yosemite is next door.

"Those telephone poles were like a picket fence"

1/10/2024 5:20 PM  #16

50vert wrote:

One of the best things about our place in Mammoth Lakes, is that Yosemite is next door.

Alllrighty, then.
We have a tour guide AND a place to stay!

1/10/2024 7:19 PM  #17

MS wrote:

50vert wrote:

Alllrighty, then.
We have a tour guide AND a place to stay!

Um... well...ok. After traveling from Australia to Mammoth California I suppose Yosemite might seem like next door. And looking at a map it might seem like next door. But next door in this case is around 300 miles, so...

1/10/2024 7:59 PM  #18

It's bout 18 miles to one of the parks boundaries. On a good winter you can get there on a snowmobile.
I think they still do a fun run to the park each year.

Last edited by 50vert (1/10/2024 8:12 PM)

"Those telephone poles were like a picket fence"

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.