FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/21/2024 12:34 PM  #1

I took the Pine-Sol carb soak technique and made it 10X BETTER

After the amazing results using Pine-Sol as a carb dip I decided to do another experiment with an Ultrasonic cleaner.  I expected it to work well, Ultrasonic cleaners are a proven way to clean parts but I didn't expect it to work this well/fast

If it isn't broken...modify it anyway! http://www.DazeCars.com https://galaxieforum.boardhost.com

1/21/2024 2:26 PM  #2

Re: I took the Pine-Sol carb soak technique and made it 10X BETTER

Awesome!

1/21/2024 4:12 PM  #3

So, where do I get one of those ultrasonic units?

Money you enjoy wasting is NOT wasted money... unless your wife finds out.

1/21/2024 4:43 PM  #4

MS wrote:

Affiliate links to items in this video:

Amazon link to Ultrasonic Cleaner https://amzn.to/3HoeQLJ
Walmart link to Ultrasonic Cleaner https://walmrt.us/490SJH0

If it isn't broken...modify it anyway! http://www.DazeCars.com https://galaxieforum.boardhost.com

1/21/2024 5:04 PM  #5

Cool video Daze.

Flea Bay has them too.

“Creworks ultrasonic cleaner”

I’ve been considering one too.

1/21/2024 5:05 PM  #6

"Awesome" (the name of a cleaner available at Dollar Tree ! BTW)
Funny story......
When I was on submarines, back in my Navy days, I was a cook. The double griddle we used was cast iron and even when it was scrubbed with greenie pads it never really looked super clean.
One day when I was cleaning the galley I took a package of concentrated  Kool-Aid (aka as bug juice! One packet made 10 gallons of bug juice.)
I mixed about a pint of water with a packet of the lime bug juice (NOBODY liked the lime so we had PLENTY). I put the super concentrate on the cool griddle and gently wiped it with a greenie.
The results were.........it looked like a sheet of shiny stainless steel ! Stupid clean.
We started using the "magic concentrate" every time we cleaned the griddle.
We ordered more of the stuff and the crew used it throughout the boat on all the stainless steel surfaces! (even the inside of the stainless steel crapper bowls)                                                                                             .1. Fill the bowl almost to the top
                                                                                                                                                   2. pour in the bug juice mix
                                                                                                                                                   3. swish and flush !
                                                                                                                                                   4. shined like chrome!!
True story.....concentrated dehydrated vinegar worked almost as well.
6sally6

Get busy Liv'in or get busy Die'n....Host of the 2020 Bash at the Beach/The only Bash that got cancelled  )8

1/21/2024 5:11 PM  #7

Nos681 wrote:

Cool video Daze.

Flea Bay has them too.

“Creworks ultrasonic cleaner”

I’ve been considering one too.

I have been trying to avoid greedBay unless I absolutly have to.  Poor customer service and they really screw their sellers.  I at one time sold most of my product line on eBay but got to a point where I would rather not sell it at all then sell it on eBay.

1/21/2024 5:48 PM  #8

6sally6 wrote:

Funny story......
When I was on submarines, back in my Navy days, I was a cook. The double griddle we used was cast iron and even when it was scrubbed with greenie pads it never really looked super clean.
One day when I was cleaning the galley I took a package of concentrated  Kool-Aid (aka as bug juice! One packet made 10 gallons of bug juice.)
I mixed about a pint of water with a packet of the lime bug juice (NOBODY liked the lime so we had PLENTY). I put the super concentrate on the cool griddle and gently wiped it with a greenie.
The results were.........it looked like a sheet of shiny stainless steel ! Stupid clean.
We ordered more of the stuff and the crew used it throughout the boat on all the stainless steel surfaces! (even the inside of the stainless steel crapper bowls)                                                                                             .1. Fill the bowl almost to the top
                                                                                                                                                   3. swish and flush !
                                                                                                                                                   4. shined like chrome!!
6sally6

Why did you wait all these years to share this tip?

Bob. 69 Mach 1, 393W, SMOD Toploader, Armstrong  steering, factory AC.

1/21/2024 6:11 PM  #9

RPM, aka Bearing Bob wrote:

6sally6 wrote:

Funny story......
                                                                                                                                                   3. swish and flush !
                                                                                                                                                   4. shined like chrome!!
6sally6

This is at least the second time I’ve heard him tell that story.

1/21/2024 6:52 PM  #10

Daze wrote:

RPM, aka Bearing Bob wrote:

6sally6 wrote:

Funny story......
                                                                                                                                                   3. swish and flush !
                                                                                                                                                   4. shined like chrome!!
6sally6

This is at least the second time I’ve heard him tell that story.

Bug Juice was used on our firefighting equipment to make them sparkle…okay…a little exaggeration.
I’m sure the Navy uses environmentally friendly Bug Juice now.

1/21/2024 6:59 PM  #11

MS wrote:

After looking over the two models HF sells, I rejected them both.  Just thought I'd throw that out there.

If multiple things can go wrong, the one that will go wrong will be the one that causes the most damage.

1/21/2024 7:20 PM  #12

My wife has a nice one for cleaning jewelry, but a carb body won’t fit😟

1/21/2024 7:22 PM  #13

What size is yours, Daze?  The 15L version would cost as much as a new carb to fill it with Pine-Sol!

1/21/2024 7:33 PM  #14

MS wrote:

What size is yours, Daze?  The 15L version would cost as much as a new carb to fill it with Pine-Sol!

15l. On sale fore $170 if you have Amazon prime and then there is a 5% coupon code knocking another 8 bucks off. I paid 139 when I got mine but that was between Thanksgiving and Christmas.  Not cheap but for me the time savings it paid for itself with these two throttle bodies.   Besides “money you enjoy wasting… “

1/21/2024 8:03 PM  #15

I guess if you are going to buy one, get the biggest possible size. And if two liters is enough to submerge the part, that is enough?
And could throw some rocks in there to take up liquid volume if the part to be cleaned is small

Or some random wrenches, hammers, sockets.  To get a free cleanup on those

1/21/2024 8:26 PM  #16

MS wrote:

I guess if you are going to buy one, get the biggest possible size. And if two liters is enough to submerge the part, that is enough?
And could throw some rocks in there to take up liquid volume if the part to be cleaned is small

Or some random wrenches, hammers, sockets.  To get a free cleanup on those

That was exactly my thought. Glen and I were talking about this exact thing and he is going to use bad transmission gears. I would be worried about rocks reacting with the cleaning liquid.

1/22/2024 7:58 AM  #17

Yeah, throwing anything else in there that you want to clean makes sense. Up to the limit where it starts adding more contamination than it removes!!

1/22/2024 8:33 AM  #18

Something neutral might be to take a glass jar and weigh it down with something to make it sink then seal the top..

1968 T-code Coupe with a 302.  Nice car, no show stopper for sure, but I like it.

1/22/2024 1:09 PM  #19

Just watched the video, holy crap! Hard to believe it works so darn fast. You gonna use the heat feature and show us?

Bob. 69 Mach 1, 393W, SMOD Toploader, Armstrong  steering, factory AC.

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.