FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/17/2024 3:14 PM  #1

Got MOOG USA balljoints @Rock Auto closeout!

$11.74 each

Money you enjoy wasting is NOT wasted money... unless your wife finds out.

2/18/2024 7:43 AM  #2

Re: Got MOOG USA balljoints @Rock Auto closeout!

Do they say MOOG on the part?  There were a rash of non MOOG parts in MOOG boxes a short while back.  Just a heads up.

2/18/2024 9:27 AM  #3

Just because something is made in the USA doesn’t mean it can’t be low quality.😱

Good work ain't cheap, Cheap work ain't good!   Simple Man

2/18/2024 9:54 AM  #4

Plastic bag inside says MOOG as does the rubber boot. Ball joint itself looks like the old MOOG I always used.

Money you enjoy wasting is NOT wasted money... unless your wife finds out.

2/18/2024 12:32 PM  #5

That exact part in Canada costs  $41.06 cdn.

CAD
Moog K8036 - Suspension Ball Joint
TheWrenchMonkey Recommend Product
Moog K8036 Suspension Ball Joint product image 1 of 2Moog K8036 Suspension Ball Joint product image 2 of 2
Moog K8036 Suspension Ball Joint product image 1 of 2 Moog K8036 Suspension Ball Joint product image 2 of 2
Front Upper Suspension Ball Joint

$41.06 CAD
In Stock
Add to Cart cart icon
Brand: Moog
Stock #: K8036
Condition: New
Made in USA
Warranty: Limited Lifetime Warranty
UPC: 080066149172
Weight: 1.61 lb.(0.73 kg.)
Dimensions: 5.3" x 4" x 3.3" (13.3 cm x 10.2 cm x 8.3 cm)
The Federal-Mogul MOOG® brand is the preferred brand of replacement chassis parts by

Last edited by Rudi (2/18/2024 12:36 PM)

2/18/2024 5:28 PM  #6

You need some of those ball joints Rudi? Does it take an act of congress ship them to you from here?

Bob. 69 Mach 1, 393W, SMOD Toploader, Armstrong  steering, factory AC.

2/18/2024 6:55 PM  #7

Thanks for asking good Sir but I was just making a price comparison.
I put in all new upper and lower control arms some years ago and should be good for a while.
As a side note I have  had RockAuto sent stuff here to Canuckistan with reasonable shipping.

2/18/2024 7:40 PM  #8

The last MOOG ball joint I remember buying from Rock Auto was for my 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee. I don't recall the price, but I do recall that it was an offset one, as the replacement front axle assembly I put on it was tweaked a bit. It worked great to straighten out my off tracking issue. I have found over the years that Rock Auto is a good go to resource for hard to find parts at good prices. I had to replace the right front driveshaft/axle assy on my 2017 Explorer. Ford wanted an arm and leg and my first born, but I got a FoMoCo one from Rock Auto for less than half what Ford wanted.

68 coupe - 351W, 4R70W, 9" 3.25 -- 65 convertible - 289 4v, C4, 8" 3.00

2/22/2024 6:54 AM  #9

I fitted a complete Moog front suspension and steering on my car in about 2017. It's been fantastic.
Hopefully I see many years out of it yet.

1964-1/2 D Code Coupe - 289 V8, 4 Speed Toploader, 3.00 ratio rear, Autolite 4100 Carb, 15" tires, Pertronix ignition

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.