FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/02/2024 9:24 AM  #1

Anybody have extra gauges for a. 66 cluster?

I need a speedometer, Gas and Oil pressure gauge with a decent looking face. Not rusty looking like the ones I have. Anyone have spares they would sell?

New repros are available and not too expensive but I would rather have originals if I can get them. I am sending my AMP gauge to be converted to VOLTS, and TEMP gauge looks fine.
I would even buy a complete cluster assembly if reasonable.

I have a pretty nice 65 cluster and glove box door to swap/trade if anyone needs one

Money you enjoy wasting is NOT wasted money... unless your wife finds out.

3/02/2024 11:59 AM  #2

Re: Anybody have extra gauges for a. 66 cluster?

I'm getting ready to install a Dakota Digital gauge package in my '66.  The original will be available.  Everything works.  It will not be available for a month or two while the job gets done.

Let me know if you want it.  It is in good shape.

Original owner - 351w,T-5, 4whl disks, power R&P

3/02/2024 12:58 PM  #3

MS wrote:

I need a speedometer, Gas and Oil pressure gauge with a decent looking face. Not rusty looking like the ones I have. Anyone have spares they would sell?

New repros are available and not too expensive but I would rather have originals if I can get them. I am sending my AMP gauge to be converted to VOLTS, and TEMP gauge looks fine.
I would even buy a complete cluster assembly if reasonable.

I have a pretty nice 65 cluster and glove box door to swap/trade if anyone needs one

I can have these in the mail Monday if you want them.  The needles need a coat of paint and the gauge adjusters need a little tweak to indicate zero, but as far as I know they're all functional.  Can you please PM your mailing address if you're interested?  As far as a trade, garage points are fine with me.

Last edited by John Ha (3/02/2024 1:01 PM)

Founding Member of the Perpetually Bewildered Society

3/02/2024 1:16 PM  #4

PM’s sent.
Thanks!

Money you enjoy wasting is NOT wasted money... unless your wife finds out.

3/02/2024 3:54 PM  #5

lowercasesteve wrote:

I'm getting ready to install a Dakota Digital gauge package in my '66.  The original will be available.  Everything works.  It will not be available for a month or two while the job gets done.

Steve, you going to be able to make it to the Bash this year in your home state? Sure would be nice to meet you.

Bob. 69 Mach 1, 393W, SMOD Toploader, Armstrong  steering, factory AC.

3/02/2024 8:49 PM  #6

RPM, aka Bearing Bob wrote:

lowercasesteve wrote:

Steve, you going to be able to make it to the Bash this year in your home state? Sure would be nice to meet you.

Don't know.  I haven't thought much about it.  Bakersfield is about 5 hours from here, and I'm not much for driving long distances anymore.  I'm 83 with all attendant physical maladies.

3/03/2024 9:04 AM  #7

Steve,  I know how you feel.  However, at this point, I do plan to drive from Oklahoma, if things work out.

Mustang Steve Bash in Gruene, Texas September29-30, 2023

3/03/2024 9:19 AM  #8

lowercasesteve wrote:

Please provide an update on the Dakota Digital install.  I'm in the process of 'thinking' about installing one in my Mustang. 

65 Fastback, 351W, 5-speed, 4 wheel discs, 9" rear,  R&C Front End.

3/03/2024 1:52 PM  #9

lowercasesteve wrote:

lowercasesteve wrote:

Don't know.  I haven't thought much about it.  Bakersfield is about 5 hours from here, and I'm not much for driving long distances anymore.  I'm 83 with all attendant physical maladies.

Steve, 83??? Seemed like just a couple of years ago you and your wife came down to my house and we did a trade for a 3:40 pumpkin 8"  I pulled out of my 67 FB. You guys looked like you were in your young 50's !!!

Member since 2003, Mustang Steve has always been my homepage. 67 FastBack..Future engine is currently my coffee table

3/03/2024 5:37 PM  #10

Quicksilver wrote:

lowercasesteve wrote:

Steve, 83??? Seemed like just a couple of years ago you and your wife came down to my house and we did a trade for a 3:40 pumpkin 8"  I pulled out of my 67 FB. You guys looked like you were in your young 50's !!!

Thanks, That was a fun day.  Let me mix some metaphors;  Times change.  Looks can deceive. Don't I wish.  

I am dealing with stage 3 metastatic prostate cancer. - everything is going well right now, but, the radiation, the shots and the pills have done a number on my body - diminished strength, diminished stamina, hot flashes dizziness, tiredness, etc etc.  Keeps me from driving very much.  My wife does most of it. I keep down to trips of less than 50 miles.

3/04/2024 7:18 AM  #11

lowercasesteve - hoping the best for you.  

65 Fastback, 351W, 5-speed, 4 wheel discs, 9" rear,  R&C Front End.

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.