FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/25/2013 6:07 PM  #1

Brake Hose/Bracket Help

I have mounted my front and rear calipers on my 69 Coupe 4 Disc Conversion Project.
I used 2003 Mustang Mach 1 calipers for both.
The bracket conversion kit is from Mustang Steve.
Before I can start fabricating brake lines I need to by 2 hoses for the front and 2 for the rear.
I also need brackets for the hoses to mount to.
These projects can be overwhelming at times as there is so much out there that I am afraid to buy the wrong parts.
Mustang Steve, if your reading do you sell these hoses I need?Brackets?

If not can someone please point me in the right direction.
Thanks

11/25/2013 10:01 PM  #2

Re: Brake Hose/Bracket Help

Because the 69 has the frame bracket attached to the flex line, some work is needed to mount the newer Cobra lines. On my 69 I picked up some generic brackets, and hand filed the hex hole for the flex line to mount. The parts store said 94-04 brake line brackets are no longer made.

Bob

Last edited by rpm (11/25/2013 10:03 PM)

Bob. 69 Mach 1, 393W, SMOD Toploader, Armstrong  steering, factory AC.

11/25/2013 10:54 PM  #3

Check out 69-70 front hoses for disc brake cars.  They have the bracket attached.  You can file off part of the brass block on the caliper end so the block will bolt up.  In the rear, use 2005 or newer rear brake hoses and trim part of the bracket off so it can be mounted to the axle housing.  You can also run the hoses straight up to the frame to eliminate the need for a center hose or any hoses/lines on the rear axle.  Just use a "T" in the hard lines on the car body to reach each hose.

Example shown is with GT calipers, but hoses work on COBRA as well.

Money you enjoy wasting is NOT wasted money... unless your wife finds out.

11/28/2013 7:55 AM  #4

Thanks for the feedback. Hoses ordered and I am going to fab some brackets.

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.