FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/18/2013 8:21 AM  #1

West, Tx explosion

Steve, How close were you from the fertilizer plant explosion in West, Tx?   Everyone OK down there?

jerry

4/18/2013 8:28 AM  #2

Re: West, Tx explosion

As a fellow Texas Firefighter, my prayers go out with all the crews on scene working hard to rescue everyone.  Hopefully they will find the 4 Firefghters that are still missing.....

1966 Mustang Fastback K-Code,289,T-5, 9-inch rear with 3.50 gears.

4/18/2013 8:30 AM  #3

I hope everyone on here was unaffected by the explosion. My thoughts and prayers go out to all that were.

All throttle no bottle

4/18/2013 10:36 AM  #4

West is my home town. My Niece lost her house. Completely leveled. My sister was up all night with triage at the nursing home. All family members are alive, but friends of my sister are dead. I haven't lived there in a long time, but I go there several times a year to visit.

4/18/2013 11:14 AM  #5

If you drive through West on I-35, this was about 1/4 mile off the highway back behind the West Fraternal Hall.  Know one guy that lost his house, another with damage.  still waiting to hear more.

4/18/2013 12:24 PM  #6

Mochaman,
I'm sorry to hear about your sister's friends... such a tragedy.
Of course the loss of houses is terrible too, but at least they can be replaced.

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.